7.1

2008 Hyundai Accent body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Accent:

2008 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Aug 132009

Accent

The spoiler(ft bumper) totally ripped off my vehicle while driving 70 mph on the highway. I ran over it and then retrieved it. The rivets came right out of vehicle. The tires did not fail but the next day the warning light came on. I contacted Hyundai dealership they stated they wanted me to file an accident report. But I didn't have an accident the equipment is faulty the method in which its attached to the main frame. Aluminum rivets and glue. The vibration of the road and the airflow coming up underneath made the spoiler rip off. I didn't have anything to do with it coming off. Very dangerous and safety issues if the tires busted the car would have flipped many times and I would have been seriously injured or dead. Updated IVOQ 09/10/09.

- Deming, NM, USA