2008 Hyundai Accent windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Accent:

2008 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Mar 042014

Driver side sun visor froze and would not go down. When I applied a little more pressure to make it go down, something snapped and from then on it would not stay in place anymore. Just hangs down and flaps around in my line of vision. Approximately two weeks later, the very same thing happened to the passenger side visor leading me to believe that the construction of the visors are defective.

- Calimesa, CA, USA

Jun 212013

Accent 4-cyl

Power control for the passenger window very erratic. When lowered, the control will not raise the passenger side window until the switch has cooled off. Problem recently worked on at local Hyundai dealership; however, fix did not last for 24 hours. Switch will not respond from either the driver's control or the passenger side. Also have the problem with the sun visor that so many others have submitted complaint about. The visor on the driver's side literally fell in my face while I was driving. Currently I have the visor taped up; but, it will still fall down both startling the driver and obstructing the view. This is a safety hazard. The piece is broken and the estimate to repair is ridiculous. I purchased the additional warranty so eventually the window switch problem will be resolved; but, the dealership is telling me I will have to pay for the visor. With the number of complaints over this issue, Hyundai needs to issue a recall and replace the sun visors.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Apr 062014

Both sun visors on driver and passenger side of vehicle fail to stay in place. The visor on the driver's side dropped down without warning while I was driving, hitting me on the top of the head, and hanging in partial obstruction of the windshield. When I pushed it to the side it obstructs my vision on the left and hangs haphazardly. The faulty visors are a safety hazard which are a result of a product defect beyond my control. I am a member of a growing number of dissatisfied Hyundai owners who have experienced similar problems with their sun visors. These problems pose a significant safety risk to Hyundai drivers whose vision while driving may be obstructed by these faulty visors. These experiences and safety concerns/complaints are logged back as far as 2008 and can be accessed at this url

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Sep 032013

Accent 4-cyl

As I was driving my 66K mile 2008 Hyundai Accent gls I put my driver sun visor down and it literally snapped off in my hand last night and I am driving and trying to hold it up so I can see the road!

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Mar 192012

Accent 4-cyl

Driver side visor drops out of clip on secured side blocking view while driving. Clip which is suppose to keep unit secured to vehicle is small plastic ring which breaks easily. Dealership just replaced this less than two years ago while vehicle was still under warranty. One would think that a little used item would not break as easily as this visor does.

- Orange Park, FL, USA