3.2

2010 Hyundai Accent miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Accent:

2010 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Aug 182016

Accent

My daughter's car engine shuts down when she is driving in the street. The car was taken on August 17, 2016, to Hyundai dealership and we were told that it was the fuel pump and sensor. It was replaced and they charged us $800. The next day the car stopped in the middle of the street. The engine shut down. Now, the dealership is replacing the camshaft sensors with no guarantee that this is the problem. This presents a safety issue as the car shuts down while driving in the streets or highway. It can cause an accident.

- Laredo, TX, USA

Nov 012011

Accent

The 2010 Accent has a defect that will wear out the inside of the front tires in a short period of time.

- Turners Falls, MA, USA

Oct 102011

Accent 4-cyl

Purchased approx Aug 10 2011 from carmax. Noticed vibration or shudder from steering wheel in park and idling, more pronounced on right side of engine, right side of car into back seat. Some vibration and shudder while decelerating at speed and around 20 mph. Took the car to Hyundai around September 2011. They claimed the car had 4 motor mounts (engine and trans I assume) and that 2 of the mounts were bad. At different times they described the mounts as "broken", "cracked", and "stretched". they installed the two mounts (lower front and back location to me) calling them "revised". I asked to see the bad mounts but they did not show them to me. The repair reduced the side vibration by about 90% but the vibration was still there. The steering wheel vibration is unchanged. I immediately took it back to the dealer and also to. Both service managers and technicians said the remaining vibration is "normal" (their words) but they put down on the repair sheet that the vibration was gone which was not true. I told them the vibration is not normal especially for a brand new car that costs over $12,000. They said all Hyundai 4 cylinders have the same vibration. The vibration remains. I have read online two Hyundai technicians who claim the vibration could be caused by defective upper engine mount, loose timing chain or belt, defective harmonic balancer. I have seen this week a video on the Hyundai sonata and its vibration; my car makes the same vibration and noise, almost like one of the plugs is missing. (I had an engine diagnosis and it said all electrical is ok; no check engine codes are showing). I have also read about the September 26 recall of the Hyundai sonata for vibration problems. I think the 2010 Hyundai should also face recall since the dealer has admitted the vibration. Information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6)

- Los Angeles, CA, USA