4.6

2011 Hyundai Accent engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Accent:

2011 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Jun 272016

Accent

I have now had to replace engine coils 6 times. They usually fail one at a time and the first 5 were under warranty. There are so many issues with Hyundai Accent 2011 owners and engines coils. This should be a recall. This is despicable Hyundai.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Apr 122015

Accent

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Accent. While the contact was driving to have the vehicle repaired according to NHTSA campaign number: 15V566000 (exterior lighting), the check engine light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake light switch failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The contact also mentioned that the vehicle had been at the dealer five times since the recall repair was performed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 19,850.

- Biloxi, MS, USA

Apr 152014

Accent

I brought my car into the dealership at 33000 miles when it was bucking and hesitating when I accelerated. The mechanic could not detect a code and told me to drive the vehicle until the part completely broke down and a check engine light came on. The car soon would not accelerate past 25 mph and was bucking up and down like a ping pong ball. I crawled into the dealership and was told I needed an ignition coil replaced. I was also told the other coils would probably go bad one by one, but I couldn't have them all replaced under the warranty at one time until they malfunctioned. I was very nervous driving the car until in December 2014 another coil started occasionally to act up. On some days the car will buck and hesitate for a few minutes, but the check engine light will not come on, so when I bring the car in to the dealership, they cannot find anything wrong and the problem cannot be duplicated. On other days the problem is very mild and only for a few seconds and still the check engine light does not come on. When I had the problem severely one day, I drove to another mechanic in a chain repair facility and they put the car on a master computer which detected a problem in the #4 ignition coil. They suggested I race over to the dealership to see if they could catch the problem also on their master computer, but they could not detect anything. I want the #4 ignition coil replaced under the warranty because I am a senior citizen and am very nervous driving my car around in this broken condition. The main problem is that the check engine light does not come on and there is no code stored. My daughter has the same problem with her 2011 Hyundai Accent. I hesitate driving my car the hour to visit my son for fear I will suddenly need a tow in an unfamiliar neighborhood. The number of complaints here for this same problem warrants a recall.

- Royal Palm Beach, FL, USA

Aug 072014

Accent

I hadn't had this car for six months before two coils went bad. The two coils were replaced by the dealer, and within the next three months the other two went. I had to end of paying a mechanic shop myself to replace the remaining two coils due to the warranty expiring. This car is only a 2011 and I don't feel those parts should have had to be replaced so soon. There should definitely be a recall on this vehicle.

- Elizabeth City, NC, USA

Dec 042013

Accent 4-cyl

2011 Hyundai Accent. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle coils malfunction and causes acceleration problems. The consumer stated she has already replaced three of the four coils.

- Marrero, LA, USA