2013 Hyundai Accent electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Accent:

2013 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Jul 202015

I have had a problem with the right turn signal for over a year now. While driving at night when ever I flip up the turn signal to make a right had turn the high beams on the headlights go on. This always happens now. When the turn is completed and the turn signal goes off the low beams go back on. As mentioned this first starting every so often and has deteriorated to the pint it happens all the time now.

- Sahuarita, AZ, USA

Jan 192016

I was driving on a street when I went to make a stop. I was going about 15-20mph and had 3 car lengths room ahead of me. I tried to press on the brakes to make a stop, and the brakes did not work. The brakes ended up shaking and the brake pedal kicked back at me. It seemed as if ABS kicked in prematurely, or ESC kicked on prematurely. My wheels locked up causing my car to slide into the car ahead of me. I am not a mechanic so I am not sure which. I hit a vehicle in front of me. I took my vehicle to a third party dealership who ran a diagnostic on my vehicle and said without a doubt that my primary pressure censor malfunctioned, as well as a brake switch error occurred. The mechanic said this is without a doubt the reason the brakes malfunctioned. I tried to call Hyundai, who told me they couldn't get the vehicle in the shop & to keep driving it for another 2 weeks until I could get it in their shop. I called Hyundai of America & they keep passing me off. Finally I got a hold of a claim person, who said I needed to get certain paperwork in within 30 days of the incident in order for them to investigate. Now that the paperwork is in, they say it will take another 6-8 weeks to make a decision (they have said nothing about inspecting the vehicle). I am now terrified to drive and will never ever own another Hyundai again! worst customer service ever, and I do have proof from a mechanic that this is not my fault. Per the service guys in Hyundai, they said they can not duplicate the issue (they only drive it for 2 miles) so they will not be putting more time or money into figuring it out.

- Canby, OR, USA

Sep 032015

While driving the car it loses electrical power and the vehicle stalls, which causes it to lose lights, gauges, steering, etc. The car will not restart immediately after stalling out, sometimes up to an hour. This is a very dangerous situation and has happened over 8 times now. The local Hyundai dealer said it might be the ip junction box or it might be a lose grounding wire and they will not give us a definite answer for a fix. The car continues to lose electrical and stall and is now unable to be covered under warranty due to the fact of the mileage is at 60,100. I see this as a manufacturing fault with the electrical system and Hyundai should take care of this major safety issue at no cost to the consumer.

- Lemoore, CA, USA

Jun 012015

The contact owns a 2013 Hyundai Accent. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start without warning. The failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated that the shifter was not reading correctly and the shifter needed to replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacture was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- Jackson, MO, USA

Jan 012015

I experienced theft in my vehicle which was parked in front of my home due to a malfunctioning remote anti-theft alarm system. I have a Hyundai Accent 2013 that contains the following security features: Power doors and locks, wheel locks, airbags, Hyundai roadside assistance, remote anti-theft alarm system, theft protection decals on windows.

- Washington, DC, USA

Oct 092014

Accent 4-cyl

On Thursday Oct. 9. 2014 I went to my car parked in driveway to go to work. I went to turn key heard radio come on then an explosion. I went back into seat left hand forward. I did not know what was going on. I realized airbag was out in steering wheel, did not know if car was on fire, got out called 911. By divine intervention my injury's were minor burn on my arm which was cleaned up at site, my home in driveway, fire report stated noticed minor burns on face, I was not aware, upset and in shock. I went up with tow truck driver to dealership where I purchased car brand new only year old, under 11000 miles on it. I demanded a car to use, I was crying at dealership. Manufacture tried to say it was an insurance problem which it is not, car blew up in my face when I started it. Dealership came thru and has let me use a car for time being. I am trying to deal with manufacture and it is not easy. I do not want car back and I want them to pay it off. They agreed to outside inspector and now I find out I will not be aloud report. So now I demanded that I hire someone and we all go investigate car at same time, they agreed, still a work in progress at this moment in time, I do not know what type airbags they use but I have a right to know exactly what went wrong and for other people. I am lucky to be able to tell this story.

- Newport, RI, USA