2015 Hyundai Accent brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Accent:

2015 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Dec 212015

This is the second time I'm reporting this defect. I bought a brand new car on 11/28/2015 less than a week later while driving the normal speed limit the car began to power down and the engine light and battery light came on. I had to put the car in park then restart the car again this happened several times. The car was towed to the dealer to be serviced. I was told a new transmission was needed, the the torque converter locked up and this is what caused the car to power down and engine light and battery light to come on. Anyway a new transmission was put in the car and I was given the car back. The car was in the dealer service shop for a week. Now less than a week later the car is doing it again, powering down while driving, then engine light and battery light comes on. This is a safety risk!!! I have a child I fear for our life. I reported this to Consumer Affairs, BBB, the potamkin Hyundai dealership where I bought the car, Hyundai customer service, nhsta and anyone who would listen!. all I get is the run around, well, this is going to bethe second time the car is going to be serviced for this safety risk.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Sep 242015

1) 6/8/15: When I stopped at a traffic light, the battery light came on and the car stalled. After I turned it off and turned it on again, the problem disappeared. 2) 7/27/15: A similar situation recurred, again after stopping at a traffic light. This time multiple warning lights came on, including engine oil pressure, parking brake/brake fluid and something else. The car stalled again. And again after turning it off and on the problem disappeared and then I could drive. 3) 9/24/15: I was driving at the speed of 60 mph. Suddenly multiple warning lights came on and I was afraid that the car can stall. Fortunately, it didn't happen. The lights stayed there for a few seconds and then disappeared. But another weird effect occurred: Trip a miles, which was about 50, reset and started from 0. most likely it is a computer malfunction. With this issue the car is unpredictable, unreliable and dangerous.

- Rochester, NY, USA