2007 Hyundai Azera body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Azera:

2007 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments

Feb 282014

Azera 6-cyl

While sitting in a drive thru window at a complete stop, my car experienced sudden unintended acceleration and crashed into the stop car in front of me. The rate at which my car accelerated was so great that I had whip lash from this event. I am scared to drive my car again. I called Hyundai who assured me that this did not happen as I stated and there is nothing wrong with their cars. Interestingly, my car had just been at the dealer(2 weeks) for a tsb on "emission control" issue. My car was sluggish and staling when I came to a stop. Now 2 weeks later I am slamming into a stopped car at what seemed like 60mph!! please help me.

- Santee, CA, USA

Jul 162012

Azera

The hard plastic undercarriage panel fell down to the pavement in the front where it was attached close to the engine but remained attached at the rear of the car. So it was scrapping the pavement as the car was moving on an expressway going 60 mph at the time. It was lucky for me that it did not break off and hit some other motorist. The bolts that attach it to the car failed. I read Hyundai forums where this has happened to other Azera owners. Took it to the dealer and had a new undercarriage panel installed.

- Glen Ellyn, IL, USA