2007 Hyundai Azera electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Azera:

2007 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments

Oct 012015

Azera

Dashboard has outline airbag crack on passenger side. Driver seat moves forward, tilts forward, moves back while driving.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Sep 152014

Azera

The passenger airbag light that comes on when someone is not seating in the front passenger seat stays on all the time. In an accident the passenger air bag will not deploy.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Dec 032014

Azera 6-cyl

About two weeks ago, the back portion of the front driver's side seat began moving forward automatically while I was driving the car. I also noticed that when the car is parked the seat would move forward as well. When the seat moves forward, I am put very close to the steering wheel, which makes it difficult to steer and interferes with my ability to brake quickly. Also, because I am so close to the steering wheel, I believe that if the air bags were to deploy I would be unnecessarily harmed. I brought the car to a dealership on December 17, 2014 because of a separate recall notice I was sent. The dealership replaced the stop lamp switch and added corrosive protection to the under carriage of my car. When I asked the service manager if he could run a diagnostic on my car while it was being repaired, he informed me that because the car was not under warranty, I would have to pay $130 dollars. The bts wire in the front passenger seat has already been repaired, at 24,144 miles, so I believe that there could be a connection between the fact that there was a faulty wire in the front passenger seat and the issues I am now having with the front driver's seat.

- Carteret, NJ, USA

Dec 122012

Azera

All kinds of electrical problems least of which is the cigarette lighter quit working. The powered passenger seat can not be moved any direction. Air bag light came on after hitting a fairly small pothole. Air bag light goes on for a few days/weeks then goes off.passenger seatbelt indicator light comes on sometimes while passenger is wearing seatbelt sometimes the same light randomly comes on then goes off with no passenger and no weight in the seat. I have personally paid for a new battery and two starters which more than likely didn't need replaced because my car still won't start at random times. I first experienced it not starting around 79,000 miles I could tell it wasn't the battery cause I tried jump starting it and all the while the door chime lights and radio all worked fine. So I replaced the starter only to have it not start the very next day. Anyway a wire was replaced to the starter and all was fine for about 10,000 miles and the same non starting issues occurred again and again. Seems like I just keep trying to start it and maybe the 8th or 25th time it starts.. running out of words and they would only let me pick 3 parts to write about also have issues with brakes cracks around passenger air bag on dash etc.

- Oakland, MD, USA

Feb 282014

Azera 6-cyl

While sitting in a drive thru window at a complete stop, my car experienced sudden unintended acceleration and crashed into the stop car in front of me. The rate at which my car accelerated was so great that I had whip lash from this event. I am scared to drive my car again. I called Hyundai who assured me that this did not happen as I stated and there is nothing wrong with their cars. Interestingly, my car had just been at the dealer(2 weeks) for a tsb on "emission control" issue. My car was sluggish and staling when I came to a stop. Now 2 weeks later I am slamming into a stopped car at what seemed like 60mph!! please help me.

- Santee, CA, USA

Aug 272013

Azera 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Azera. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, the driver's seat moved independently. The contact mentioned that the seat would recline, move forward and backward without any one touching the controls or the vehicle being powered on. The vehicle was taken to the dealer however, the technician was unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 52,000 and the current mileage was 52,294. The consumer stated the seat would even move, when the vehicle was turned off. She purposely left the seat in the forward position and upon returning to the vehicle, the seat was in the reverse position. The dealer found a short in the seat switch. Updated 12/23/13

- Waldorf , MD, USA

Oct 062013

Azera 6-cyl

Drivers powerseat back tilts forward pinning driver to steering wheel, this happens on it"S own, you have to pull to side of road to reposition seatback! very dangerous, driver is pinned to steering wheel.

- Holly Springs, NC, USA

Sep 212013

Azera

Horn failed to operate an audible sound when honking at a neighbor. Maybe this was first time I wanted or needed to use the horn. Car not driven much. Had to replace both horns.

- Batavia, IL, USA

Jun 062012

Azera 6-cyl

Passenger air bag light comes on, passenger seat belt light comes on when no one is sitting in seat. The module was replaced about 75,000 miles.

- Palmyra, PA, USA

Jul 212011

Azera 6-cyl

The air bag light stays on contacted the dealer since a recall was issued before but was told recall has been closed this seems like a safety issue and the recall should not close, also the power seat switch on drivers side will not recline back seat adjusts forward and now is too far forward information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6).

- Beverly Hills, FL, USA

Jul 272007

Azera 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Azera. The vehicle has failed to start and has been taken to the dealer approximately six times. The failure has not been corrected. The current mileage was 3,400 and failure mileage was 2,000. Updated 02-14-08 updated 05/19/08 the consumer stated dealer found the defect on 01/24/08 which was an electrical problem and a new battery was installed. Updated 02/14/08 updated 05/19/08

- Lynchburg, VA, USA