2008 Hyundai Azera accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Azera:

2008 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

May 032016

The driver's side power seat is malfunctioning. The seat often moves on its own without operating the power position switch. This can be very dangerous. When inspected by Hyundai dealer problem has not been resolved. Seat malfunction has happened both in motion and stationary.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Nov 152015

Power seat and back rest operates at will. While operating the vehicle I have had the seat move forward rapidly causing a dangerous and unsafe condition. Hyundai has had many complainants in this area, and refuses to recall and repair the problem. How many injuries and death does it take in order to have the federal government act on this matter?

- Lansdale, PA, USA

Nov 152015

Power drivers seat moves on its own. It moves forward with the back seat rest pushing me and actually pinning me into the steering wheel this occurs both while parked with the engine in the off or running, and in while the vehicle is being driven at any speed. The motion of the seat varies from sever to minor movement. It does not make any different if on the highway or urban streets. Unknown cause at this time.

- Lansdale, PA, USA

Nov 042015

Re: 2008 Hyundai Azera / 78,000 miles. The vehicle was being driven at 45mph on a straight 4 lane highway when the driver's power seat suddenly moved all the way to the far rearward position, causing the driver to be unable to reach the brake pedal or accelerator. She pushed the seat switch to return the seat to the originally selected position, but when the switch was released, the seat again returned to the rearward position. She was able to move the seat forward, and keep it there by holding the switch to the forward position, temporarily regaining control of the car. While holding the switch in the forward position, a beeping sound was heard. Once stopped, the seat switch was released, and the seat again returned to the far rearward position. The vehicle has been taken to a local Hyundai dealer, and they have advised that there were numerous codes related to the seat stored in the onboard computer system. Parts have been ordered, but have not yet arrived at the dealer. I have researched the internet, and found that there are many posts concerning the same problem. Some advise that only the seat back went forward, pinning the driver to the steering wheel, and others describe exactly what occurred on this car. In this instance, the entire seat moved and the backrest remained in the preset position. Fortunately, traffic was relatively light at the time, or the outcome could have been very different. There was no accident or injury sustained in this incident.

- West Chicago, IL, USA

Mar 202015

The contact owns a 2008 hyundia Azera. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 55 mph, the front driver's side automatic seat moved independently into the forward position. The contact was able to move the seat into the proper adjustment however, the failure recurred. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 132,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Ellenton, FL, USA

Jan 142015

Azera 6-cyl

Driver side power seat moves forward during vehicle operation. Electric motor for reclining back rest engages while vehicle is being driven. Motor pushes seat forward forcing driver dangerously close to steering wheel and compromising drivers ability to operate vehicle safely.

- Round Rock, TX, USA

May 162014

The contact owns a 2008 Hyundai Azera. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the driver's side seat erroneously moved forward and forced the driver against the steering wheel. The failure occurred several times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the seat track was faulty and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 16,400.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

May 252014

The driver side power seats move forward as you are driving. The back of the seat pinned me forward against the driving wheel, and would not go back as I tried franticly to do. I was able to move to the side of the road. I shut off the vehicle and after sitting for a while I tried the electric seat control and the seat recline back again. I went down the road without incident, however the next day when I got into the car the seat was again forward up against the steering wheel. This is a true safety issue and I saw several others complain about this same issue on other year models as well posted on the internet. I am afraid to let my family drive this car.

- Lenexa, KS, USA

Apr 012013

Azera 6-cyl

This accident happened in waco, Texas, mclennan county. Chevrolet pickup truck was traveling West on fm 308 on the inside lane. Azera was traveling North on fm 933 on the outside lane. The driver of the Chevrolet pickup truck was not wearing his corrective lenses according to his dl restriction (restriction a) and disregarded a stop sign and flashing red light at the intersection. Due to this, the Chevrolet pickup truck struck the Azera fd to rbq. This collision spun the Azera clockwise. The Azera left the roadway to the East and went into a ditch and received fd damage. The Azera came to rest facing South in the ditch. The Chevrolet pickup truck came to rest facing North on fm 933 on the inside lane. All air bags deployed in the Azera except the drivers seat and drivers side curtain. Driver received blunt force damage to his left shoulder. Surgery was preformed on March 12, 2014. Azera was towed to "big boys wrecker service, 415 S. robinson dr., waco, Texas 76706".

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jan 052014

I purchased a used 2008 Hyundai Azera from a non-Hyundai dealership. Several days after taking possession of it, we drove it on an overnight trip out of town. On the drive back home, the front driver's seat, which is equipped with full power seat controls, moved forward autonomously, crushing my husband against the steering wheel while we were on the highway. He quickly pushed the power seat control to move the seat back, but as soon as he let go, the seat would move forward again. After several incidents of moving the seat back only to have it move forward again, he pulled over, got out, pushed the seat back, and got back in. However, once he was back in the car, it moved forward again. After moving it back yet again, it didn't move again for a little while. I contacted the sales person the following day. He said I needed to clear the "seat preference" memory (which I subsequently did several times) but otherwise he (and the dealership) disavowed any responsibility. Due to inclement weather, I drove another car for several days. But, when I went to drive the Azera, the front driver's seat was up against the steering wheel, having moved on its own sometime after the car had been parked/turned off. I continued to find the seat up against the steering wheel over the next several days, despite it being in a normal position when I had turned the car off. Then the driver seat start moving forward while I was driving. I was able to override the control temporarily. I parked the car, but when I attempted to get back in it, it kept pinning me against the steering wheel. I finally managed to hold the seat switch with all my strength to drive the car several block home. It has since been towed to a Hyundai dealership to be repaired. Given the other complaints of the seat moving on its own, I believe there is a defect in the switch equipment that Hyundai should fix.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jul 312013

The contact owns a 2008 Hyundai Azera. The contact was driving 5 mph into a parking space when the driver's side front seat moved forward forcefully and independently. The failure recurred intermittently and without warning. The contact experienced difficulty steering and crashed into a building. The contact did not sustain any injuries. The vehicle was inspected by a local dealer but no cause for the failure was found. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified of the malfunction. The approximate failure mileage was 41,000.

- North Port, FL, USA

Jul 152013

Azera 6-cyl

Car is locked, parked and no one is in it. The back reclining portion of the drivers will move towards the steering wheel by itself. I will move it back to position and begin to drive. The seat will move on its own toward the steering wheel, smashing me. I had to remove the headrest just to have some room. I will keep my hand on the seat controls and try to move it back into original position. Sometimes this works but most of the time will not let me move it. While this is going on, my seat belt is also getting very tight and uncomfortable. Several people have seen this happen and some have seen it while no one was in the car. The back of the drivers seat just moves toward the steering wheel. I am afraid to drive this car. If I cannot get the seat to return to position I am up against the air bag, which also scares me. If I had an accident while all this is going on, (and this is very frightening for me), the air bag would deploy and it wouldn't be good, I am sure. This is something I hear about on the news, air bags killing someone. I really need some assistance with this problem. This is a very serious and possibly dangerous situation. I would appreciate your help.

- Marcellus, MI, USA

Jun 282012

Azera 6-cyl

Either while driving or after an overnight idle, I often find the driver power seat has moved and reset itself. This happens intermittently and sometimes re-setting the seat is not possible. Seat position locks back too far and too low. Taking it to the myrtle beach Hyundai dealer (6/28) proved futile. After a short examination the technician said he found nothing wrong. Since then I have sporadically encountered the same unpredictability in the seat. I am concerned that the seat's moving while I'm driving could cause an accident. Please advise. I need some help here. Thank you.

- Sunset Beach, NC, USA

Dec 202011

Azera 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Hyundai Azera. The contact stated that the automatic front driver's seat would abnormally move backward independently after having been set to a particular angle. The contact stated that the failure would recur sporadically and without warning. In addition, the failure would also drain the battery. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection or repairs. The failure mileage was 61,000 and the current mileage was 62,000. Updated 5/7/12 according to the invoice, the driver's seat would not move forward or backward. The seat track would not move forward and the motor was trying to move the track. Updated 05/25/12

- Indian Trail, NC, USA

Jan 072012

The contact owns a 2008 Hyundai Azera. The contact stated that the power seat function would activate without initiation while the vehicle was in motion and could not be stopped. The contact was awaiting a service appointment with the dealer. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. No repairs were performed. The current mileage was 20,500 and the failure mileage was 20,475.

- Los Alamitos, CA, USA

Oct 062011

The contact owns a 2008 Hyundai Azera. The contact was driving approximately 70 mph when the driver side seat moved forward, pushing the contact into the steering wheel where she became trapped. The vehicle was taken to a dealer and they advised her that they were unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was contacted and they offered no assistance. The VIN was unavailable. The failure mileage was 105,000.

- Reading, KS, USA

Nov 012010

Power driver seat moved on its own on numerous occasions to its full rear position, seat back moved to almost full recline, and seat height went to lowest position. This happened both while vehicle was unattended with ignition off and while vehicle was being operated at various speeds. Each time it happened while being operated I was unable to drive and had to stop vehicle and manually reset seat controls.

- Naples, FL, USA

Sep 092010

1. when I drove the car, the power seat sometimes automatically went back to the end. And, I almost can't hit the brake. (I'm short and I always pull the seat to front.) after having this issue, I can't pull power seat to forward any more. But, after few times of driving, then, I can pull the seat to front. Then, it happens again after few drives. 2. it happens every two or three times when I drove the car. 3. I was told that the track was replaced. But, the car still have the problem. And, I'm waiting for another part (not sure which part) to replace.

- Cerritos, CA, USA

Mar 152010

While driving the driver's side seat back automatically moved to it's forward position. After returning it to it's normal position it would start moving by itself again after a short time. The only way to stop it was to hold the lever in the down position which would also make the seat move down at times.

- Amherst, NY, USA

Mar 142010

Driver seat moves by itself pinning the driver to the steering wheel. Seat moves by itself with the key in the off position.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA