2009 Hyundai Azera brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hyundai Azera:

2009 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments

Aug 102012

Azera 6-cyl

I purchased a 2009 Hyundai Azera last year from fuccillo Chevrolet in grand island, New York. The car was new and still on the lot after 2 years but I was assured that there was nothing wrong it and I have been pleased with the vehicle up until now. However, yesterday while driving home from work, the car went into an emergency slow-down mode and both the ecs off and check engine light went on. This happened on the thruway while I was driving in heavy traffic which was harrowing. Fortunately, I was able to 'limp' off the highway and get to a side street. I called my husband and the emergency roadside assistance and my vehicle has now been taken to northtown Hyundai in amherst, NY. My husband researched the slow-down/ecs issue on the internet and found that there have been numerous cases of this happening due to a defective throttle control device in many of the Hyundai and Kia models. In fact, a woman at the service counter who had a 2007 Azera had the exact same issue with her car! needless to say, this should be a recall issue and that is the reason why I am writing. It seems that this throttle control issue is fairly common with these vehicles and it is also potentially dangerous. Please make them initiate a recall.

- Buffalo, NY, USA