2011 Hyundai Azera engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Azera:

2011 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments

Mar 282015

I was driving up to a busy intersection where there was a red light. I was just starting to brake when my steering got stiff and my car wasn't following the curve of the street. I looked at the dash and all my lights were on. My car had turned off. I didn't know if I was too low on gas but the gas light wasn't on. I put the car in neutral and turned the ignition, which started right back up. I pulled into the gas station and filled up the tank. I didn't have another issue until today, 9-9-15, when I was driving down a slight hill going about 40 getting ready to get into the turn lane when again the steering got stiff and I looked down and realized all my lights on the dash were on. I had half a tank of gas at the time...both times I was able to put it in neutral to restart it without a problem. Both times have been on busy streets with my children in the car.... this is an issue!! I called the dealership where I bought it last year and since they were close to closing ended up not helping me. I will call them again tomorrow to find out what the heck is going on....

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Sep 032011

Azera 6-cyl

Engine stalls, intermittently when taking foot off accelerator. Twice while driving about 45 mph, several times under 25 mph while slowing down for a turn or stop sign. Loses power steering and power brakes. Normally car acts fine but about once a month (more frequently now) car will have a bad day and stalls several times in one day, (and then acts fine for a few days/weeks before having another bad day). Car starts right back up after stopping vehicle. Very much a safety issue!!! took car to dealer about 4 times before they were able to duplicate it. No service codes. They said it was the only car in the United States reporting this issue (until it also happened (4 times)while they were in the vehicle during my last visit to the dealer. They change crank shaft sensor but 4 days later, (5/27/12) car stalled 5 times in a 15 min. Period.

- Ringgold, GA, USA