2011 Hyundai Azera engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Azera:

2011 Hyundai Azera Owner Comments

May 052011

Azera 6-cyl

This is a new car and the incidents have been present from the beginning. On numerous occasions at slow speed or when moving from being stopped, or in stop and go traffic, the car will not respond when the gas pedal is depressed. The sensation is that the car has stalled. After a moment, or several seconds, the car will surge forward, sometimes causing the tires to screech. I immediately apply the brakes to bring the car under control and the car will proceed without further evidence of a problem. In stop and go traffic this event may occur with successive stops. The event may occur 6-8 times during a local trip, or it may be several days without an event. I am unable to predict it occurring and unable to cause it to happen. I consider the car to be unsafe both because it may result in a collision with a car in front of me but also it has left me stranded in the middle of an intersection, or road, not knowing when my car will move. On several occasions the driver behind me has blown his horn as I wait for my car to move. The car has been returned to the dealer and driven by service personnel and a regional representative of the manufacturer on four separate occasions without incident. I am told there is no record of this event having occurred with this model car and there was no suggested solution. There was a comment that it may be a transmission problem. Their conclusion is that there is nothing to be done if they cannot produce the event.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA