2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring:

2010 Hyundai Elantra Touring Owner Comments

Jan 242014

Elantra Touring 4-cyl

Driving Elantra touring 2010 ( with less than 28500 miles) in a local street, and all of sudden the vehicle stopped immediately before the turn signal and unable to operate the steering. There were several lights, including the "ESC" was on. It is really scary when vehicle stopped responding while driving on the street. I am not sure any recall available to remediate this dangerous problem.

- Franklin Park, NJ, USA

Apr 062013

Elantra Touring 4-cyl

My vehicle previously failed a state safety inspection for failed brake lights just several months after purchase (October 2010). Just prior to this failed inspection, I'd noticed that the "ESC off" light on the dash would turn on unexpectedly. My local Hyundai dealership repaired the brake light switch, which also remedied the "ESC off" light issue. Just over a month ago, the "ESC off" light on the dash again began to turn on without reason. A few days ago, while merging onto an interstate near my home, a vehicle behind mine barely avoided an accident with me when I had to suddenly slow to make a merge. The driver kindly alerted me that he did not notice any brake lights when I suddenly stopped. So, it seems as if I am again going to have to have the brake light switch, which has already been a known problem in a number of Hyundai vehicles, repaired.

- Alexandria, VA, USA