2.9

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring:

2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring Owner Comments

Feb 122015

Elantra Touring 4-cyl

I started the car and could not turn the steering wheel without applying heavy force. Looking at the dash board the ESC and eps lights were both on. I turned of the car and restarted and the problem was gone. A few days ago I saw the recall of the 2009 and 2010 cars regarding this very problem. I called Hyundai customer support to report my issue but was told my 2011 car was not on the recall list. Upon further research I have found this very issue appearing in elantra cars as resent as 2014. I ask the safety board to reexamine the issue in regards to later year of the elantra cars.

- West Sand Lake, NY, USA

Mar 202013

Elantra Touring 4-cyl

While driving on a two lane road around 45 mph the front driver's side wheel suddenly and repeatedly locked up causing the tire to skid and the steering to pull to the left. At the same time the car slowed very quickly to 5 mph and almost caused the driver behind me to slam into the back of my car. I was not applying the brake pedal during this incident. This is a very dangerous issue and needs to be investigated immediately. Similar occurrences have happened about once per month in the past year. I have brought the car to Hyundai service and explained the problem but they cannot duplicate the problem and "find nothing wrong". I have noticed that when the problem is happening if I turn off the ESC the problem will go away and I can resume normal driving speed once again.

- Wentzville, MO, USA