2.6

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring:

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring Owner Comments

Apr 142016

Elantra Touring

When accelerating the car gets stuck between 25 and 40 mph. It wont proceed to the next gear. I have to lay off the gas, let it drop back down and hope that it works the next time I accelerate. The transmission fluid is not low. The car is in motion while this issue happens.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Dec 262014

Elantra Touring 4-cyl

While on a trip engine light came on and transmission started to slip. Dealer told me it was cheap gas, which I just filled up with mobil gas. Also I just changed oil and told it was caused by a pint overfill. They must have put on computer and adjusted specs and turned engine light off. I lost 5 miles to gallon, also doesn't shift just right. I read some complaints on internet about transmission trouble on my touring model. They stopped making the model in 2012? the dealer was in cocoa beach fl. Car bought at dealer new in npw fl. I plan a 3000 mi return trip soon, afraid to take car incase I get stuck on hwy.

- Hudson, FL, USA