2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring:

2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring Owner Comments

May 052015

Elantra Touring

My car is subject to NHTSA campaign number 14V-310 recall for air bags. I received a recall from Hyundai that advises me to go to to schedule the repair. I have tried 4 times to schedule the repair, but the website does not work. It confirms my VIN, but when I enter my zip code, the site locks up so I never get to the site where I schedule the repair. What good is a recall if Hyundai won't let me schedule the repair? help please.

- Ada, MI, USA

Aug 302013

Elantra Touring

I was hit from behind by at Super Duty Ford 250 going approx 50 mph. I was stopped and was pushed a car length into a Chevy Silverado who was also stopped, my trunk took most of the damage but the front end was pretty bad too, but my airbags didn't deploy. Not sure of the mph of the impact to the front of the vehicle, but both driver and passenger have neck strain and back strain; along with multiple bruises from the seat belt. I know the airbags have a sensor, but could they be messed up?

- Ponchatoula , LA, USA

Dec 152012

Elantra Touring 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Elantra touring. While driving 15 mph through an intersection, a vehicle crashed into the passenger's side of the contact's vehicle. The contact stated that the front passenger sustained a cerebral hemorrhage, a cracked rib and suffered several headaches. The contact stated that the air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the air bag failure. The failure mileage was 1,800..... updated 02-20-13 the consumer stated the vehicle was totaled according to the insurrance company. Updated 02/25/2013

- Coscob, CT, USA