2007 Hyundai Entourage electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Entourage:

2007 Hyundai Entourage Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 282016

Front wipers stopped working while driving in rain.

- Livonia, NY, USA

Jul 312016

Valve cover gasket is leaking oil all over the alternator. Other Hyundai's with this engine have been recalled but the Entourage has not. That makes no sense at all since by Hyundai's one admission in the other recall this is a safety issue. Why is nothing being done about this"?"

- Ossian, IN, USA

Jul 062016

- North Attleboro, MA, USA

Jan 152016

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Entourage. The contact stated that while driving at 45 mph, the rear driver side door swung open independently. The door ajar warning light illuminated. The contact pulled to the road side to close the door. The failure recurred intermittently. In addition, while driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact stated that the VIN was not included in the NHTSA campaign number: 06V356000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 142,000. Updated 09/30/16

- Henrico, VA, USA

Feb 162015

Passenger electric sliding doors do not latch properly. Latching the door make take several attempts. Shaft humming while on gear on active gas pedal. The noise disappears when the gas pedal is not used while in gear.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Aug 012008

The power sliding rear doors began to intermittently fail to properly close and latch during the first year of ownership. After numerous attempted fixes by the dealer (one under recall) the problem has still remained and even gotten worse. Now these doors almost always fail to properly latched closed and have slid open on several occasions when the vehicle was moving.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Apr 302015

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Entourage. When the ignition was turned to the on position, the engine failed to start. In addition, while driving 10 mph a month later, the accelerator pedal was depressed but the vehicle failed to accelerate and shook violently. Also, the vehicle did not shift into park and the battery had to be disconnected in order for the vehicle to turn off. The failures recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign numbers: 13V556000 (suspension) and 06V356000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was approximately 70,000.

- Nacodches, TX, USA

Apr 012015

Entourage 6-cyl

I am contacting you because I see that Hyundai has issued a recall for alternator failure because of faulty valve cover gaskets. I believe that this should also be extended to the Kia sedona minivan and the Hyundai Entourage that use the same configuration of engine. I noticed on my 2007 Hyundai Entourage that the front valve cover gasket is leaking and that it is leaking on the alternator. A quick google search will provided many other examples of this happening on these vehicles. I believe that Hyundai is not willing to research this because of the many more minivans it has sold. This is a very serious defect and I believe it does warrant looking into.

- Round Lake , IL, USA

Dec 182014

Driver side power sliding door opened while driving and will not close manually or using the power button.

- Joliet, IL, USA

Nov 032012

Entourage 6-cyl

My van wouldn't start on 2 separate occasions on this day. Had to turn the key 3-4 times each. Over the next 2 years it happened periodically, becoming more frequent, sometimes twice a day, twice a week or once every 10 days or so. Van can't be jumped because there is power, tried putting it in neutral then park again but still wouldn't start. Tried for 20 minutes then walked away for 30-60 minutes & van started immediately upon trying. Dealership "thinks" it's the ipm. Finally got that replaced because we were told their top mechanic put those notes in the computer so that's what the problem is. Immediately notified service supervisor that my rear sliding door lock isn't working before I ever left the lot (never had a problem when I dropped it off). 3 days later van wouldn't start. Hyundai technical says to check ground wires. 2 days after getting van back it wouldn't start & another 2 days later both slider doors & rear hatch locks stopped working (never had a problem when it was dropped off). Now they want to charge me several hundred dollars to replace all 3 failed lock sensors. They messed it up!!!! I'm not paying for the repair!!! they claim they've never had anyone in their 2 stores with a problem like this. The service supervisor is patronizing, lies about things my husband has said, lies about not getting my voice mail when I dial his extension directly & probably doesn't tell the manager everything & contradicts himself. Found this website & it's amazing to see several people with the same problems I've been having. Nobody has time for this inconvenience which is a major safety hazard. Who wants to sit in the hot Florida sun trying to start their vehicle for an hour? been there done that too many times. Tired of this crap! I want my vehicle fixed! they just want to sell you something else.

- Summerfield, FL, USA

Jun 022014

Entourage 6-cyl

On my last visit to the dealership service department, I was told the front valve cover gasket was leaking and needed to be replaced. I was unable to have the repair done at then due to time constraints. I now have an appointment in three days (August 8, 2014) to have the front valve cover replaced. The cost estimate is $653. NHTSA recently sent me a notice of a recall on the Hyundai veracruz that has virtually the same engine compartment layout as my vehicle. The recall on the veracruz is to replace leaking valve cover gasket and the alternator for free because oil is leaking onto the alternator and causing a safety hazard. I think that Hyundai of America should do the same fix for my vehicle free of charge. What do you recommend that I do? I believe that ODI should verify this complaint and contact Hyundai to issue the same recall for my vehicle.

- Grove City, OH, USA

Jul 122014

Entourage 6-cyl

Turn signal intermittent/total failure, symptoms are typically seen when a bulb fails. Replacement bulbs do not correct issue as this issue is related to a faulty BCM (body control module). Vehicle doesn't use a relay style signal indicator system. Note: That the rear turn signal blinks fast during failure. Multiple forum post state that it can appear on either side.

- Deltona, FL, USA

Dec 302011

Entourage 6-cyl

Driving a 2007 Hyundai Entourage van on the morning of December 30, 2011 we came to a stop for a red light. My foot was still on the brake pedal when two seconds later we were reared ended by another vehicle that was traveling at approximately 45-50 mph. My spouse and I experienced severe whiplash. The driver of the vehicle that crashed into us claimed she never saw our stop lights. After the incident, I discovered there were two recalls for our van (06V356000 & 09V122000) related to intermittent brake light switches. We purchased the Entourage in 2009, but never was told or notified of either recall. Although the other driver was a fault, I believe that she may have been telling the truth about not seeing the brake lights. There are other recalls on the 2007 Hyundai Entourage since then (13V113000 and 13V556000) but we received a notice of either. I plan to submit a separate complaint regarding the other recalls issues. What worries me is that were are not told about or receive recall notices or defective part issues. I'm guessing that NHTSA/ODI would receive more complaints, but people are not aware of the shady non-disclosure practices of dealerships. There are other issues that I haven't submitted, but will talk with you about if you so desire.

- Grove City, OH, USA

Aug 192013

Entourage 6-cyl

Beginning in August of 2013 our Entourage started experiencing episodes of randomly not starting, with episodes occurring about every two weeks, sometimes more often, sometimes less. For awhile we suspected it was an issue with the battery, but after replacing the battery twice now, we know it is not an issue with the battery. We do know now that it is a condition known as an intermittent, no crank/no start. We do not know for sure why; however, we suspect, per a technical service bulletin put out in August of 2007that we found (#07-90-009), that it is due to a faulty ipm module. Hyundai refuses to acknowledge that bulletin or to cover the repairs since it is not under warranty, and a diagnostic is proving futile (per our experience of having a diagnostic performed that turned up nothing) since the problem resolves itself after sitting for some time, therefore, by the time the mechanic is able to see it is no longer exhibiting the problem, so we are left not only not knowing when our vehicle will start on a recurring basis but unsure as to what to do about this problem.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Dec 032007

Since this first incident we have had problems with our power sliding doors on our van. The doors have done the "dinging" the crunching and grinding noise, opened when turning a corner. Often comes unlatched and makes the light come on and the alert. This has happened mostly on the passenger side but we have had issues with both doors. I'm tired of fighting with it and have run out of warranty so now I have to pay to get it fixed and haven't had the extra cash to do so. Maybe if someone dies from this Hyundai will take notice, guessing that's what it's going to take. They realized they had a lemon on their hands, why do you think it was only made 3 short years.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

May 012013

Entourage 6-cyl

My 2007 Hyundai Entourage SE minivan suffers from a intermittent start issue. We bought the van used in 2012 with 82,000 miles on it. We have had door issues, where they do not latch correctly and engine issues, electrical issues, and tires wear unevenly. It has not been a great purchase. The van not starting is the real issue, here is what happens. When you put the key in the ignition it either starts the engine or there is no ignition. The lights and fans still work just no ignition. The fix, I read online that if you hit the fuse panel below the steering wheel that resets this error. It works, it shouldn't but it does. The closest dealer is 30 miles and they have quoted me up to a $600 to fix. I feel that this is such a widespread issue that it should be covered by Hyundai. It also seems like a safety issue. Please check into this. Thank you.

- Pine River, MN, USA

Jan 262014

Entourage 6-cyl

As I opened rear lift gate it opened half way then started to close I was almost hit in the head when it started coming down. On 2/4/14 same incident happened lift gate opens half way then closes on own.

Dec 102013

Entourage 6-cyl

Rear lift gate will not close when power button is pushed has to be shut by force. Hard to open gets stuck when depressing handle.

Oct 222013

Entourage 6-cyl

Sliding passenger side door opened on its own going around a turn, speed was about 25 miles per hour. Alarm bell sounded, I stopped car checked door reclosed and locked it.

Jan 012010

Entourage 6-cyl Diesel

We purchased '07 Hyundai Entourage in 2009. We had several minor problems that year, which we overlooked as result of normal maintenance. However, we now think otherwise as the electrical system seems to be faulty! issues: Replaced battery three times within 1 year. Remote entry stopped working for sliding doors, they lock/unlock but do not open/close. Sliding door on driver's side doesn't work via switch inside the door or ceiling console. At times our doors slide open while driving! from beginning, a large quantity of watery like substance leaking from engine area. Mechanic tightened a gasket during an oil change which temporarily lightened the problem...but it continues to this day. Every mechanic has mentioned this leak but cannot determine origin. Engine light came on 2 years ago, we were told to replace electronic throttle control ($1500!). however, light turns off for extended periods of time (loose wire" poor battery? faulty computer"), so we're hesitant to order that part...feel like the computer is faulty. Couple of week's ago the air bag light came on and will not turn off, even though we have not been in a collision. Driver's turn signal burns out within three weeks of replacement, it's been this way since day one. A few days ago the driver's side door wasn't responding to the keyless remained locked even as all other doors unlocked...curious to see if this becomes a recurring problem. Additionally, the latch on the driver's side sliding door broke off several months ago, followed by the passenger sliding door latch one month ago, with regular use. Not happy with this vehicle! we got a lemon, we believe the electrical system/computer is faulty, and we feel it should be the manufacturer's responsibility to repair...this is the first step that we're taking towards a complaint. Any feedback/assistance welcomed.

- Kailua, HI, USA