2.8

2008 Hyundai Entourage steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Entourage:

2008 Hyundai Entourage Owner Comments

Feb 212015

Entourage

The contact owns a 2008 Hyundai Entourage. The contact stated that while driving at 50 mph, the steering wheel became difficult to turn. The contact had to apply force to the steering wheel in order to turn the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician diagnosed that the power steering pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 110,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Lebanon, PA, USA

Mar 082013

Entourage 6-cyl

This is a complaint about the cambers on this vehicle. On many occasions since buying this vehicle I have experienced the following in left hand turns at 45 - 55 mph. When trying to pass a vehicle, when I turned the steering wheel to the left to move into the left passing lane something jerked the wheel further to the left and has nearly caused me to run off the road on the other side. The first time it happened at about 20,000 miles. This has also happened when traveling down the mountains in West Virginia in sharp left hand turns. My concern is that this may be caused by the cambers. Every time I take my van to have the tires rotated I am told the cambers hold the tires at an angle and there is not adjustment for it. They are permanently at an angle and have been ever since I bought the vehicle. I have asked the dealership about the problem and the only thing they will tell me is there are no aftermarket parts to fix it, and that it cannot be adjusted. Because there are no adjustment, this vehicle wears out tires long before the tread life is up. The first set of tires had to be replaced at 25,000 miles. Tire manufactures will not give credit against mileage because of the cambers. Now due to the heavy corrosion underneath, and no camber adjustments I feel this vehicle is unsafe.

- Mcgaheysville, VA, USA

Dec 022013

Entourage 6-cyl

The vehicle has begun vibrating significantly upon acceleration and at higher speeds. I have since had the tires rotated multiple times and balanced. I finally took the vehicle in to the dealership this week (7/8/14) and they recommended front brake repair a replacement engine intake (unsure of the actual name) that should take care of the problem. After almost $400 in repairs already, their post installation test derive revealed the same vibration issues. They have now suggested that they have identified massive deterioration in the right axle an that now needs to be replaced. From my research on message boards, this is a problem that seems to exist on Hyundai Entourage models and Kia sedona minivans from the same year. The vehicle is less than a year outside of warranty. Since this seems to be a pervasive issue with this model and a manufacturer safety concern, since the axle is not a part that should be subject to this type of normal wear an tear after only 52K miles, I am requesting that the repairs be completed at no charge to me vs the $800 requested by the dealer.

- Dallas, TX, USA