2008 Hyundai Entourage wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Entourage:

2008 Hyundai Entourage Owner Comments

Mar 082013

Entourage 6-cyl

This is a complaint about the cambers on this vehicle. On many occasions since buying this vehicle I have experienced the following in left hand turns at 45 - 55 mph. When trying to pass a vehicle, when I turned the steering wheel to the left to move into the left passing lane something jerked the wheel further to the left and has nearly caused me to run off the road on the other side. The first time it happened at about 20,000 miles. This has also happened when traveling down the mountains in West Virginia in sharp left hand turns. My concern is that this may be caused by the cambers. Every time I take my van to have the tires rotated I am told the cambers hold the tires at an angle and there is not adjustment for it. They are permanently at an angle and have been ever since I bought the vehicle. I have asked the dealership about the problem and the only thing they will tell me is there are no aftermarket parts to fix it, and that it cannot be adjusted. Because there are no adjustment, this vehicle wears out tires long before the tread life is up. The first set of tires had to be replaced at 25,000 miles. Tire manufactures will not give credit against mileage because of the cambers. Now due to the heavy corrosion underneath, and no camber adjustments I feel this vehicle is unsafe.

- Mcgaheysville, VA, USA