9.3

2010 Hyundai Genesis engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Hyundai Genesis:

2010 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Dec 152009

Genesis

This is a recurring hesitation problem. I first noticed this when making a turn into traffic. The hesitation is significant. In some cases there is an acceleration pause of 1-2 seconds. This does not occur every time I accelerate but its lack of predictability is a problem in and of itself. I have come close to being rear ended because the car would just not move when I pressed the accelerator. Also, when the car windows are up and the car sits in the sun for a few hours the central nav and communication system over heats and will not function until it cools off (maybe 20 minutes). In the meantime, back up camera does not work, temperature controls do not work and the bluetooth system does not function.

- Marina Del Rey, CA, USA

Jun 072010

Genesis

Small pebble went through the front grill while driving my Hyundai Genesis 2010 model and damaged condenser costing me $800. This was not covered for warranty and the sad part is this could happen anytime anywhere again. Hyundai Genesis has no protection on front grill with huge spacing. This is a design defect that needs to be addressed. I still have no air conditioning in my brand new Hyundai Genesis.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA