2011 Hyundai Genesis steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Genesis:

2011 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Jan 022013

Power steering stopped working while N motion on highway while turning N curve case #5206878, front door power window switch replaced, brakes went out suddenly while getting off interstate traveling from one sate to another, engine replaced, radiator cracked & split, alternator replaced

- Harvey, LA, USA

Jun 112015

This particular model has a tech package with a feature that automatically sets the height, and length of the steering wheel column to the drive's preferences. This feature does not work properly. The steering column only goes up so far to the point where it blocks my vision to the speedometer reading on the instrument panel. This is very dangerous as I cannot without great effort determine how fast the vehicle is going. I spoke with my local Hyundai dealer to no avail. They were not aware of any reported problems yet when I go on line to a Hyundai Genesis chat forum numerous drivers have complained of the same problem.

- Tuftonboro, NH, USA

Oct 202014

Genesis 6-cyl

I was driving at 35 mph in the lane, the car on the left lane hit the rear body and tire of driver side, but the car didn't stop even after the impact. After the collision, I pressed very hard on the brake pedal to stop, but it kept moving, even increased its speed up to 60 mph, and turned into the different direction. Also the wheel was stuck by itself and I was not able to turn anywhere with my hands. It went off the opposite side of the road without any control. 20 years old Toyota Camry was able to stop at the spot of collision, but Hyundai Genesis couldn't. the wheel and the brake were both stuck and unable to be controlled and crashed into the electric pole. The air bag was deployed, and Hyundai Genesis was totaled. In 2014, the brake recall service was received two times from the dealer. There must be the mechanical failure in the brake, speed control, and the wheel which caused this total loss. I was injured and taken by the ambulance later. I never had any accidents like this before with any other cars!

- Centreville, VA, USA

Aug 172014

The contact owns a 2011 Hyundai Genesis. While driving 55 mph, the steering wheel seized without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the steering failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 20,000.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jan 012011

Genesis 6-cyl

I've purchased 2011 Genesis Dec 2010 that I brought back to the dealer the day after I purchased it for pulling to the left. They have realigned it several times I have been back 5 times in this the first month of ownership. Each time the dealer agreed that it pulled to the left. However the reason for the pulling varied. Some which were that they have tried telling me it was the crown of the road, the air pressure in one tire was 1 lb. Low and my personal favorite is the only way cars become misaligned is that the driver is hitting potholes, all of which have caused my car to pull to the left never the right. Each time they have had to do an alignment. I currently pursuing legal readdress.

- Fort Washington, MD, USA