3.3

2011 Hyundai Genesis windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Genesis:

2011 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Aug 132013

Genesis 8-cyl

I was traveling on a turnpike in moderate traffic at approximately 74 miles per hour. I felt the vehicle get warm inside so I increased the air conditioning to low (maximum cool setting). About a minute later, I heard a loud "pop" and that was the sunroof exploding. When it happened, the inside cover came open about two (2) inches and glass particles fell on the interior of the vehicle including myself. Fortunately, the glass did notget into my eyes and was able to get the vehicle to the side of the road without incident. About 60% of the glass blew out ofthe vehicle unto the road behind me. Trailing vehicles were not involved and again, fortunate that there was no tailgating or the glass would have flown onto their vehicles. The glass exploded into sharp shards and in pieces about a quarter inch. Worst case would have been glass in the eyes and not being able to control the vehicle.

- Apopka, FL, USA