2.6

2012 Hyundai Genesis accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Genesis:

2012 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Jul 192016

Genesis

My wife and I have a 2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 sedan. My wife is the primary driver. She came home one evening and told me that the car failed to stop and went into the intersection as she attempted to stop for a red traffic signal. I immediately drove the car down the street and observed that you had to pump the brakes to stop and the pedal went to the floor. I added some brake fluid and pumped the brakes. I drove the care the next few days and noticed that over time the same thing happened with the pedal going to the floor. I took the car to my mechanic and had all the brakes changed. That cost me over $320. The mechanic advised me that the car had a faulty master cylinder. To shorten the story. Due to the dealer cost of from $275 to $365 for a master cylinder. I bought 2 online and 1 at oreilly auto parts. I spent $105, $81, and $79 for each respectively. Each time the mechanic advised me that the were not compatible. He was so conflicted by the process advised me to take the care to the dealer and told me that with only 91000 miles and a well maintained 4 year old car, it is unheard of for a master cylinder to be faulty. I contacted Hyundai and was told there was no recall nor was my vehicle covered by my factory warrantee. I am a retired auto theft officer so I decided to check with NHTSA for complaints and recalls. I am positive that this recall applies to my car. I have had the same process happen to me regarding the windshield wiper motor. Hyundai would not help so I found a motor at a junk yard. I paid to have it installed. However it only works at one speed. I would like it replaced and a refund for the cost incurred to find and replace it. I also would like the braking system repaired and compensation. Hyundai's recall number is 114. I would like to invoke the lemon law..

- Corona, CA, USA

Oct 232015

Genesis

This problem began occurring at around 60,000 miles. When either stationary or in motion, the windshield wipers would either not come on at all or would jerkily (is that a word?) make their way about halfway up the windshield and then freeze. Then at some random time, they would either jerk their way back to the parked position or continue jerking their way through the whole sweep and then back to the parked position, usually stopping once or more times on the way. This is a common occurrence according to posts found on the genesisowners.com site. (www.genesisowners.com/Hyundai-Genesis-forum/showthread.php?T=8567 ). if you read the posts, one man almost had a head on collision with a gasoline truck when his wipers decided to quit in the middle of a rainstorm. My local dealer insists Hyundai does not consider this a safety issue which to me is mindboggling. With a potentially record breaking el nino now on the way, perhaps it's going to take someone getting killed before Hyundai finally says, "gee, we guess it's a safety issue after all." If this defect is news to dot, I can see no reason not to insist on a recall. If, however, dot is aware of the issue and has done nothing about it, shame on them. Since Hyundai expected me to pay $1,000 to most likely reinstall the same faulty motor and linkage, I got rid of the car. The motor costs $462 by itself.

- Rancho Cordova, CA, USA

Oct 252015

Genesis

What is likely a faulty turn signal stalk causes the vehicle's headlights to either flicker, shut off or flash the high beams regardless if it is stationary or in motion. It manifests itself in various ways; the most recent being on a 5 hour interstate trip. When signaling to change lanes, the high beams would flash which would in turn disturb drivers in front of me. Other times, the lights have flickered and/or turned off entirely for a brief period of time hindering night time visibility. For further reference, I will provide a link to an owner's online forum which discusses other individual's problems like this: genesisowners.com/Hyundai-Genesis-forum/showthread.php?T=12504&page=4

- Kingsville, TX, USA

Sep 022014

Genesis

The wipers would start to wipe then stop in the middle of the windshield, after turning it on and off over and over again (sometimes up to 30 seconds of non-movement), they finally start to move again. This repeated itself for the entirety of my drive to work (aprx 25 minutes) in the rain. I nearly ran into the back of someone because I could not see anything out of my windshield.

- Villa Hills, KY, USA