3.6

2012 Hyundai Genesis steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Genesis:

2012 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Jul 052016

Genesis

Driving home on the 405 fwy last night my Genesis R-spec 5.0 lost all power, electrical and steering. Fortunately, I was on the right lane and was able to maneuver the vehicle off the fwy. I had no lights, no emergency flashers, complete shutdown of power. It was about 9pm and dark luckily it was not in a lane or this could have been fatal as I could not turn on any lights! extremely dangerous and have reported my incident to Hyundai customer care. Vehicle was towed to dealership pending diagnostics.

- Playa Vista, CA, USA

Jul 252012

Genesis

Tire wear uneven, right front passenger worst. Constant severe pull to the right able to change lanes to right without hands on steering wheel. And very minimal pull to left at times while driving on highway (most notable) and city streets. While driving feels like car bottoms out over bumps/holes or on city streets/highways with rough road since purchased in 2012. Cannot adjust alignment on right side, right camber always negative and told no fix for this and cause for excessive wear on tire and pulling to right. Paint chipping underneath driver side door on body. Bottoming out and tire pulling to right first looked at on 11/21/2012.

- Oxnard, CA, USA

Aug 102015

Genesis

This ihas happened 4-5 times. I was driving on a street, thank god, I was not on hwyway, engine just stalled and streering wheel locked. I was hard but, somehow managed to get on the curbe and avoid a crash. If this would have happened on freeway, it would have been fatal. I think, Hyundai sure know this problem exist in Genesis too. It is same problem ( symptoms) as described in Hyundai's sonata recall. I don't know what is hyundia waiting for. It is a serious problem with a $50,000 car. I have no trust on this car anymore. This would be my last Hyundai. I know, if I take car to dealership, I would hear response that, no issue found. Genesis has a serious engine problem with stalling.

- Austin, TX, USA

Sep 112015

Genesis

The car just completely shut down. Fortunately, I had just turned for home on a 25 mph street so I was going slow enough that I could manage to at least get the car to the side of the road. Do not know what would have happened 15 minutes earlier if it had shut down on the busy interstate I was on. It did start back up again, but now am afraid to drive it anywhere. Have contacted Hyundai, but if there follow-up is anything like it has been in the past, it will be a waste of my time. They will just say that they cannot reproduce the problem and send us a coffee mug hoping that will resolve the issue. We have had numerous previous electrical issues: Such as car starting back up by itself after being shut off, the radio literally popping on and off, the radio locking on a station (you could change channels, but the same station kept playing), the nav turning on and off by itself. The car had been doing okay this year until this most recent incident where it just flat shut off. Do not trust Hyundai to solve the issue and it is to scary to drive. And I don't believe that there is a lemon law in this state. No matter what, I can assure you that this will be my last Hyundai.

- Hot Springs Village, AR, USA

Oct 152014

Genesis

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Genesis. The contact stated that while driving at 55 mph, the vehicle stalled and the steering wheel seized. The vehicle restarted and resumed normal operation. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 31,000.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Nov 012012

Genesis 8-cyl

Car's steering tracking to the right consistently at highway speed (within 5 seconds). Two dealers both claim this to be normal after multiple visits. Technician claim their sop only test at 45mph for 7 seconds. Corporate office also refused to help.

- San Jose, CA, USA