2013 Hyundai Genesis seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Genesis:

2013 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Oct 142015

Genesis

I was driving very slow, about 1-2 miles per hour, as I turned right I head a very loud "explosion pop" and the headrests popped out of their housing.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 072013

Genesis

While traveling at the posted highway speed I had the cruise control engaged when suddenly the car lurched, then surged. I started/tried to use the brakes to slow the car. That didn't work. I tried to disengage the cruise control...that didn't work....car kept speeding up till I hit a massive rv at 90mph. I was knocked unconscious, taken by ambulance to a trauma center, and later learned that none of the many airbags that this car had did not deploy. I am truly blessed having survived this accident. There needs to be better vehicles with better working systems to protect us. I will not rent another Hyundai ever again!!

- Oak Harbor, WA, USA

Apr 262013

Genesis 4-cyl

Travel on county road lost control of the car hit the brakes and car would not stop crashed into a fence and had damage on front and both side of the car and the air bags did not deploy. The car was considered a total lost by the insurance company but I would like an investigation about the airbags.

- Farmersville, TX, USA

Dec 232013

Genesis 4-cyl

While traveling at 65mph the car was cut off and the ABS did not work, the rear fishtailed and lost control, slamming into a guardrail at 65mph, the right passenger side front and back were severely impacted, and no air bags were deployed at time of crash. Seat belts did not hold and passengers were hurt. Air bag, failure and seatbelt failure are the major problems with this vehicle.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 072013

Genesis

I had 2 accidents on 7/7/2013. One low speed rear end collision with a mini-van. The other was a high speed rear end collision with large rv. Both times I had the cruise control engaged, and could not stop the vehicle using the car's brake pedal system. I was eventually taken to an er, then admitted to an icu ward. I sustained a concussion, bruises, and abrasions. Most of what happened in the high speed collision are of temporary moments of memories due to the concussion and loss of consciousness. I am quite upset to have gone through these accidents with a new 2013 Hyundai Genesis that was rented from enterprise rental car from logan airport in boston mass. There was no airbag deployment in either accident. Car was towed away and do not currently know the VIN of the vehicle that I am reporting.

- Oak Harbor, WA, USA