8.4

2015 Hyundai Genesis steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Genesis:

2015 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Jul 172016

Genesis

A/C, heater vents located on the bottom (foot) for driver and front passenger are always stay open irregardless what you select. Dealer looked twice, no help. Said that's how all the cars are. I have myself checked the brand new 2017 Genesis parker on the lot and it had the same problem. Your feet will freeze and there is no way to block or close the bottom vents. Also, the haptic steering wheel warning came on at around 5K miles, dealer looked at it order some parts to replace the sensor etc.

- La, CA, USA

Sep 022015

Genesis

I owned the car for 9 months and never had a problem in the rain. It was raining and my car safety lights started flashing telling me that front collision warning was not working, lane departure warning was not working, blind spot detection was not working. And to check aeb system. Hyundai told me that although it worked fine for 9 months, that the safety features may not work in the rain

- Dunwoody, GA, USA

Jul 272015

Genesis

After having all three work done on my car: Four wheel replaced as stated on their campaign, cowl and electrical wiring replacement under, the vibration on the steering wheel becomes evident/stronger at lower speed(below 25 mph) and at idle. When driving I feel my hands feel tired because of this vibration affecting them. I went back to the dealership at Hyundai long island, queens for the problem but after waiting for hours, I was told that they cannot do anything about the problem. And until now, the vibration is becoming an annoyance.

- East Elmhurst, NY, USA

Jul 152014

Genesis

While driving at about 25 mph, the power steering froze up on me.(fortunately), I was not driving fast, or on a bridge, freeway, etc. And was able to return to a safe location. I called a tow truck. Towed to local Hyundai dealer. After 20 days in shop, they replaced steering computer, rack and pinion steering too. I am appalled that a new (expensive) 2015 Genesis with very low mileage, has had this problem. I am now very hesitant about the quality of the Hyundai brand. I hope no one else has had this problem, because it is a real headache!!!

- Lafayette, CA, USA

Jan 102015

Genesis

While driving at 60 mph, speedometer, odometer, turn signals, power steering assist and other accessories stopped functioning.

- Hallandale Beach, FL, USA