2016 Hyundai Genesis engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Genesis:

2016 Hyundai Genesis Owner Comments

Mar 102016

Sudden loss of power at freeway speed. Driving at freeway speed late at night with adaptive cruise control on, I accelerated and changed lanes to the left to avoid a collision with an inattentive driver. Immediately after changing lanes to the right to return to my lane, the car stopped responding to throttle input. RPM gradually decreased to zero and the car stalled. No warning lights until the engine stopped at the right shoulder of the freeway. I restarted the engine. Still no warning lights. The car entered a limp-home mode with max RPM around 1500, very slow acceleration, max speed about 50 mph. It did not stall again during the 10 mile trip home. Towed to dealer. Dealer states that the obd2 fault code was P1230, low fuel pressure. The technician test drove the car and reproduced the behavior. Initial diagnosis was "failure of high-pressure fuel pump." Today (5 days after incident) the dealer states that Hyundai tech support recommends additional diagnostics prior to replacing the fuel pump.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Dec 222015

I purchaseda2016 hyundia Genesis on Dec. 17, 2015. I enrolled in their blink service that night and attempted to enroll in their remote car starting service that is an added service to their blink connect service. We were unable to add the remote package due to an internet server problem. We were able to successfully enroll in the remote starting service until Dec 21. On the morning of 12/23 I logged on to the smartphone app and proceeded to remote start my car for 2 minutes. My car was parked 3 car detached garage with double door garage door opened. I stood at backdoor to watch the car start successfully. I walked away and 5 minutes later I when to see that my car was no longer running. It was not. I left my garage door opened. I was in my office and at 1:10 pm my next door neighbor who can also see my garage from back of her house to tell me the lights on my car have been on for long time. She knew I bought a new car and thought it was strange that my lights were still on. I investigate the problem. I found my car with the lights on with the engine running.the dashboard display showed that I was low on fuel. I turned off car and immediately contacted hyundia customer care and spoke to a representative to report my extreme concern. Before I purchased I called hyundia to make sure that this car had an automatic shut off program system. I saw a 60 min report on people who died after forgetting to turn off car with key less starters and their cars did not have an automatic shut off program. The hyindia customer rep took my report told me to have dealer service check system and also turned me over to a blink rep who I reported the incidence to with all the details who gave me the case number of BL000293583. I had driven the car the night before and note that their was 7/8 of a tank had to be running for hours to use that much gas B4 I shut car off.

- Shaker Heights, OH, USA