2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe:

2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Owner Comments

May 022011

Genesis Coupe 4-cyl

This has happened a total of 4 times since I have owned the car. The first happened a few months after purchasing the car, when trying to stop from 40mph at a red light. The brakes failed and I ran the red light avoiding any accident. I drove approximately 25 more miles with no occurrence the rest of the way home. Next morning when driving into the gas station as I hit the driveway entrance approximately 15mph I was braking and then brakes went to the floor and I had to pump the brakes several times before the pressure came back and I finally stopped. I turned around drove it to the dealer with no other issues along the 8 mile drive. Dealer checked all normal issues drove it themselves and were not able to find "duplicate the complaint?. approximately 8 months later after driving 25 miles on the freeway I was exiting my exit to work slowing down at approximately 30mph while braking and slowing down the brakes went to the floor and all pressure was lost I pumped the brakes and they worked. 2 weeks ago I was driving surface streets and while slowing down to make a right at a red light at about 30mph the brakes failed I had to pump the brakes again to regain pressure and I stopped as I rounded the corner into the cross walk. I have not been able to get it into the dealer yet. I have been driving a different car and parked this one until my schedule allows me to take it to the dealer. I have been looking on the Hyundai forums for information and this appears to be on the forums a lot. Several have resulted in accidents, even a total loss of one person"S car. The forums are saying that there is a voluntary recall and it has to do with the master cylinder, dealer replaces as the complaints come in. I guess I will find out.

- Fullerton, CA, USA