$1,300.00

1. replacement of subframe (1 reports)
2000 Hyundai Sonata suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Hyundai Sonata:

2000 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Oct 102008

Sonata V6

Bought car with about 96,000 miles on it in January 2008 from a guy I had bought 2 cars from before. Noticed tire wearing I thought was due to alignment, took car in for re-alignment. To my shock and horror received call shortly thereafter that subframe was almost completely rotted on passenger front and wheel was pitched in which was reason for tire wear. Happily dealer (whom buys from auctions) said that original dealer must have covered damage (more than likely duct tape and paint, as I had looked car over before buying and saw nothing). Dealer paid half of replacement cost despite being far past warranty. No major problems since, I see there is a recall pending for this problem, doubt it would affect me now.

- , Herkimer, NY, USA