2005 Hyundai Sonata brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai Sonata:

2005 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Nov 242014

Sonata

Electrical issues began a month after driving the vehicle. Front and rear light bulbs continue requiring replacement, the dash light also will flash when brakes are depressed. The trunk leaked the first christmas, dealer claimed to repair it, but failed, still leaks. Air bag indicator came on, went off eventually, and is back on again. Finally, car began losing power last year and cutting off sporadically in traffic, and now the rear and window brake lights remain on when lights are on but not when turned off. Recall info points to defective stop brake switch that failed even after repair/replacement, however, my VIN does not appear on the recall list and the dealer will not repair or replace. Curious, since my car is of the make, model, and year reported! greedy and irresponsible !

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Feb 282015

Sonata 6-cyl

I was driving in my own lane doing the right thing and this bus with out lights came and was speeding he cut in front of me so close it scratched my side door and I hit the brakes and I still hit him going 55 speed limit was 70 the car all most exploded there is things that should be recalled with the car.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Sep 162011

Sonata

I had come to a complete stop attempting to merge into traffic, as I pressed on accelerator, I felt it go down under my foot, thus hiting the right rear bumper of the car in front of me.this was the first time. The second time happened in January. 2012. I was turning into my parking spot, and I had softly braked. And as I pressed on the acceleator, and like the first time, I felt the accelerator go down beneath my foot, without pressing too hard. I ran into my apartment, and caused a good deal of damage to it.as well as my car. I have not had an incident since, but I remain scared that it will happen again. I took vehicle to oxmoor Hyundai, in louisville, and could not find find anything wrong, and I had to pay just under $100 to tell me this. And my auto insurance went up drastically.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 242012

Sonata 6-cyl

With family in car a traffic situation occurred that required aggressive braking. Without warning the car nose-dived, & swung strongly to the left. The situation was very scary & I regained control. Fortunately no car was in the nearby lane. Took the car into Firestone where among other things their certified master mechanic did a full brake inspection, checked the tires for size and pressure & did a brake fluid flush. They advised that there was an ABS problem & I should immediately take the car into the dealer as this is a major safety problem! I took the car to the Hyundai dealer in denton, tx who ran extensive diagnostic's and said the ABS control module (589203C500) system had malfunctioned, was defective finding only fluid flow to the left front brake ca. The dealer quoted approx. $2500 for materials, tax and labor saying there was no warrant coverage. We were shocked by both the cost to fix and that an apparent manufacturing defect would not be covered by the manufacturer. At the dealer 10/01/2012, I called Hyundai motors usa & filed case #5034644. After quite some time on the phone the case manager said there was no warranty coverage, they felt no responsibility for the defect and essentially that it was all on me to fix it. Even after additionally sharing my lack of employment & tough family financial situation it was, "sorry we can do nothing as your vehicle is out of warranty. We now have no choice but to figure out how to pay for the repair out of pocket as the car is crucial to our needs.

- Double Oak, TX, USA