2006 Hyundai Sonata drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Sonata:

2006 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jul 242008

Good morning! I am having problems with my Sonata and I need assistance and advise. My vehicle has broke down with me on 3 occasions with the same problem. I am concerned because my warranty will be running out at 60,000 miles and I am concerned about my safety. The belt that goes from the A/C to the motor and the alternator continues to fray and burn up in pieces. At this point the car is inoperable. I was told by the Hyundai dealership that they have replaced these belts with chain belts on the new Sonata's because of this problem. Everytime I have had it repaired they told me that it would not happen again and it has happened (3) times. I contacted the Hyundai company last Thursday and no one has contacted me or made an attempt to talk with me. Thank you for your assistance with this matter. Marcia smith

- Brandon, MS, USA