2.5

2006 Hyundai Sonata lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Sonata:

2006 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 132010

Sonata

2006 Hyundai Sonata 3rd brake light housing has a design problem which does not allow for the bulb to be replaced by the owner. Of course short life bulbs are used so the light burns out quickly. Hyundai's solution is to bring the car into a dealership and pay around $75 for them to take out the tray between the seat and window to get to the bulb to replace. Consequently, with the strains of the economy most people have to choose to not replace the bulb. A proper design would have allowed the car owner to replace the bulb. This problem started back in 2008.

- Lexington, SC, USA

Sep 012009

Sonata

At first it was the radio, turning on and off by itself when I would try to lower the volume it would be louder. My headlights would go out and turn on again, my emergency brake light will turn on as my car would stop in the middle of the street. Air bag deployment sign is on and the bag it is not deployed. The ABS, ESC and other glow lights will turn on; sometimes I cant roll down the windows or lock the car with the button. Now my car will not start, no power and it resets my clock. I have gone to the dealership twice and they are greedy money hungry !@#$% who do not care for their customers, I replaced the battery and the alternator and its been through diagnostics and the alternator was the only thing found wrong. I have issues with the car at least twice a day and three times its died completely. This is an 2006 Hyundai Sonata it should not give me these problems.

- Salt Lake City, UT, USA

Jun 242009

Sonata

I received a recall letter on my 2006 Hyundai Sonata regarding the stop lamp switch. I knew I had this problem, but when I took it in on June 24, 2009, I was told it would cost me approximately $275 to repair. I cannot afford such repair. Then the manager of the service dept. Came and offered to repair it for less, but that he would call me later with a quote. I never received such a call. Today, I took my car back to service dept. At 7:00 in the morning and was told it would take until about 7:00 in the evening to repair, when I told them I could not be without a car that long, I was told that they had to see if even my car qualified for this recall. The person came back to say that my car did not. I would like a response to this request. The woman taking down my information did not even listen to the other things I was complaining about, such as a rubber (do not know correct name) fell off from the sunroof and other items. She did not even hear about those item.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Jul 242009

Sonata

That's the problem there is no serious event leading up to the problem. It is happening because theses cars are not built for safety. I have had my car for 5 months and there are some serious problems, Hyundai and you all may not think so but it is. If it was your car that had all of these problems you would be complaining also. Problems that I have with my Hyundai Sonata: Passenger airbag light on every time you crank up, airbag light in the dash board on, check engine light (sensors going bad in the car). If its not equipped for the car don't try something that's going to have people spending out of the pockets and then paying for a car also. Recalls on 06 Hyundai Sonata what's the purpose if it cant be fixed everything on the recall list is happening to my car. If I had a second chance I would not have bout that !@#$% from Hyundai.

- Jackson, MS, USA