2006 Hyundai Sonata seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hyundai Sonata:

2006 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments (Page 1 of 16)

Nov 152016

Sonata

The airbag light is on in the dash board and the passenger air bag sign is lit in the center console even though there is no passenger in the passenger seat. It started showing couple of days back at the 106,000 miles. I called the Hyundai customer service and they mentioned that there is no recall open. I see NHTSA campaign number: 08V161000 related to airbags for 2006 Hyundai Sonata.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Nov 162016

Sonata

ESC light com's on randomly causing car to decelerate becomes hard to steer and car looses power. Have had various things done to car but it continues to happen randomly. Diagnostics from different mechanics indicate electrical problems am told care is unsafe to drive at 83,000 miles. This should be a recall2006 hyuandi Sonata

- Ocala, FL, USA

Nov 032016

Sonata

The contact owns a 2006 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that the air bag indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the OCS for the front passenger seat sensor failed, but was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 08V161000 (air bags). The failure was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 146,000.

- Woodbine, GA, USA

Oct 272016

Sonata

I done had 2 accidents in this car, each time a deer ran out in front of me while driving 60 mph or better and I hit it and tore my front end up both times and each time the airbags never came out, so this last time, my car was totaled and the airbag never popped out...

- Harrison, GA, USA

Oct 152016

Sonata

Air bag light on dash board lit up and stays illuminated. Looking through other complaints this seems like a very common issue. Needs to be investigated.

- Austin, TX, USA

Oct 012016

Sonata

1) air bag dashboard light keeps on 2) passenger side lights sometimes showed no passenger even there is a passenger (this vehicle has been repaired by dealer for this issue)

- Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Oct 192016

Sonata

My airbag light came on in my vehicle due to bad seat belt pretensioners. After taking my car to the dealer they advised me that the pretensioners had been replaced in 2007 and did not fall under the warranty/recall. After reading that my car falls under the repair statue and statement made by Hyundai my car has not been fixed. The campaign number that I am referring to is campaign number PE14023. The first repairs occurred at 30K and 35K miles approximately.

- Fresno, TX, USA

Aug 012016

Sonata

Air bag light on drivers side dash has come on for no reason and is staying illuminated. Passenger side sensor that shows a person is sitting in the seat without a belt on is flashing. Both occurred at the same time. Seems like a recurrent problem that the manufacturer won't deal with due to the numerous similar complaints read online.

- Portland, ME, USA

Jul 012016

Sonata

Takata recall..we've owned this car since November, 2015. About 2 months ago the red airbag light appeared on dashboard and has remained red whenever the ignition is on.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Aug 152016

Sonata

Recently suddenly airbag light came on and it now stays on all the time after starting the car. When I start the car, it blinks once and then remain lit. I used the code reader to get the codes and it gave two codes for airbag system, B1102 and B1448. On further googling, the 1st code indicates low input voltage and 2nd one indicates passenger occupant detecting system fault. Now I am concerned to use the car as the air bag system is turned off.

- Katy, TX, USA

Aug 102016

Sonata

Airbags off signs are suddenly appearing in the vehicle. Passenger air bag off sign also appearing. Vehicle has never been involved in accident. Hyundai has fault design and have to fix this.

- Prospect Heights, IL, USA

Jul 202016

Sonata

My airbag light is illuminated and seat belt light blinks on the passenger side. It seems to be a known problem with the Hyundai Sonata. Dealer needs to recall the passenger seat/faulty sensor for the safety of the passengers

- Plymoth, MN, USA

Dec 152015

Sonata

I was involved in a accident on December 15, 2015 the other driver cut across three lanes and into my car at mph 40. My vehicle was struck thrusting it into a small wall and pole. My seat belt unbuckled and the airbags did not deploy I think this is a manufacture defect.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jan 052016

Sonata

The light of passenger air bag sensor constantly on. The passenger seat pad was already changed by the dealer on a recall., however the sensor light is still on. Consumer does not know if air bag will deploy or not. This might be considered a serious hazard. The dealer will not recognized gravity of situation or perhaps denied it. The passenger seat sensor light will be constantly on whether the car is stationary or in highway.

- Humacao, PR, USA

Jul 112016

Sonata

Air bag light came on in the dash at approx 86,600 miles; for no apparent reason. Also noticed that the passenger seat belt sign near the center console is flashing even if there is no one seated in the passenger seat.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Jul 092016

Sonata

My 2006 Sonata only has 65,000 miles. But the airbag light always on from this year and brake line was rust. For the airbag, the light in dashboard is on when car starting, and the passanger airbag is off even if someone sitting on passanger seat. For the brake, the front brake line was rusted last year and all the brake oil is totally leak out, so there is no brake when driving it. And the rear brake line is broken this year due to rust. I am in freeway when the rear brake leaks, so image how terriable it is. Never seen this from other 10 year old vehicles.

- Ithaca, NY, USA

Jun 232016

Sonata

My airbag light and passenger wear belt light came one even when an adult is sitting in the passenger seat. The car had never been involved in an accident so I don't know why the air bag light came on.

- Pueblo, CO, USA

Jun 012016

Sonata

Airbag light came on for no reason.

- Franklin, MA, USA

Jun 072016

Sonata

My airbag light randomly came on last week and has not gone off since. I have never had any lights on my dash board illuminate. The mechanics are quoting ridiculous prices to fix it and I am nervous to drive it with the light on.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

May 012016

Sonata

The contact owns a 2006 Hyundai Sonata. While braking, the vehicle veered right or left and a scrubbing noise was present. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the front suspension arm was faulty. Also, while driving, various speeds, the vehicle suddenly shut off and the front driver side air bag sensor light illuminated. The cause of the failure was undetermined and the manufacturer was not notified. The VIN was invalid. The failure mileage was 157,000.

- Albany, GA, USA