2007 Hyundai Sonata electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Sonata:

2007 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jun 102013

Sonata 4-cyl

There is problem with the ignition. If I take my key out the mechanism locks, the steering wheel locks and I can't get the car started again. I have been stranded several times and have started leaving the key in the ignition all the time. I know that I am not the only one having this problem I took it to the dealership and they said the mechanism has gone bad and I would have to pay to have it replaced because it's not covered under the warranty. That means having 2 different keys for the car.

- Mebane, NC, USA