2007 Hyundai Sonata wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Sonata:

2007 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

May 172014

Sonata

On May 17th, 2014 I was in an accident on interstate 95 in broward county, fl. A drunk driver hit me on the left side of my trunk then hit the cement median then came back and hit me in the middle of my driver side and back driver side door, then hit the median again came back towards my car and flipped and hit the front left side of my vehicle. So basically the whole left driver side of my car is smashed in. I was wearing my seat belt when this accident did occur. What my concern is, I did some research and it states the notable features included on this vehicle is six airbags standard. Not one airbag deployed and if I wasn't wearing my seat belt I would have been through the front windshield and probably lost my life. My entire left side of my body is damaged and the more severe injury is to my left leg and foot. With the exception of my left big toe, all other four toes have no feeling in them and my foot is deformed. I do plan on taking this issue to my attorney that is handling the accident case for me and hopefully Hyundai has a very clear explanation for why not one of the 6 airbags deployed.

- Lauderhill, FL, USA

Apr 072011

Sonata 4-cyl

The wheels are showing an extraordinary amount of rust. I have owned over twelve cars and have never seen rust on any wheels. This one has shown rust from 2009 and it has gotten worse. I am concerned if this will effect the safety and stability of the wheel structure. Are these wheels constructed with the same type of materials that the current investigation of the 2006- 2008 Hyundai Sonata's bumper/structural rust issues" are the wheels also under investigation like the undercarriage"

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Sep 052012

Sonata 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that while having regular maintenance performed on his vehicle, the technician notified him that the tire pressure valve stem broke. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who verified the failure and stated that the valve stem needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure and the current mileage was 66,900. Updated 10/1012 the consumer stated the failure was due to salt corrosion. Updated 10/17/2012

- Sandusky , OH, USA

Nov 222009

Sonata

The steel wheels that had come standard on this vehicle had completely rusted. Owner had to replace all wheels and Hyundai denied warranty coverage.

- Hackettstown, NJ, USA