3.0

2008 Hyundai Sonata accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hyundai Sonata:

2008 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Dec 152016

Sonata

Im just writing because im getting alot of alerts from you guys and I dont live at the same address when I purchased my car. So im not getting my recall letters or notices. So what im woundering is what do I have to do to make sure my car is not being effective by theses recalls. Thank you and have a nice day.

- Hanford, CA, USA

Aug 202013

Sonata

Drivers seat lumbar adjusting cam broke while driving, this is the second time it has broken and the lower back of the seat pushed in abruptly. This was very distracting while driving on high speed toll road in heavy traffic. The metal cam which was broken off, was found behind the drivers seat. This is such a small piece of metal and does not seem to be strong enough for what is required. My definition of the cam is the mechanical part that actually makes the adjustment inside of the seat and also supports the weight of the drivers lower back. Similar to a S cam of a braking system.

- Aberdeen, NJ, USA

Sep 222012

Sonata 4-cyl

Dashboard air bag light has come on and off intermittently since September 2012. At this time the air bag light is off. The passenger safety belt light remains permanently on since September 2012 as well. Called the dealer Hyundai of el paso and they said my car is no longer under warranty and is not included in the recall campaign. How can it be?

- El Paso, TX, USA

Mar 142013

Sonata 4-cyl

Both at a complete stop while in gear and while moving at about 35 mph with my wife in the front passenger seat the air bag light remained on. In this vehicle that light is supposed to go off when someone over 85lbs sits in the front passenger seat. Took video of three incidents over a period of two days. Spoke to jenkins Hyundai, ocala, fl where we purchased the car & they were unable to pull a code. They were also uninterested in the videos and stated that the front seat sensor is calibrated for 115 lbs +/-. as my wife is 128 lbs they feel that it is well within limits & that sometimes the airbag sensor will not sense her presence. I thought the limit was 85 lbs for small children. If we have an accident with my wife in the front passenger seat the airbags might not deploy.

- Crystal River, FL, USA

Jul 052012

Sonata 4-cyl

The other day, I found the SRS airbag warning light keeps on on the instrument cluster and then I found that the seat belt warning light in the front passenger's side is also on and the "passenger air bag off" indicator is turned off when there is no passenger or luggage on the seat. I went to the local dealer and it turned out to be that vehicle has no communication from occupant classification system (OCS) module under the front passenger's seat.

- West Lafayette, IN, USA