- March 15: Hyundai Recalls 978,000 Sonata and Sonata Hybrids recalls | 15 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Sonata Locking Brakes Investigation Closed investigations | 34 days ago
- February 9: Hyundai Recalls 2017 Elantra For Bad Brake Boosters recalls | 49 days ago
- January 2: Investigation Opened Into 2013 Hyundai Sonata Seat Belts investigations | 87 days ago
- January 2: Hyundai Sonata Class-Action Lawsuit Will Be Approved news | 87 days ago
NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 40,974 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: