- November 1: Report: Hyundai Engineer Squeals About Theta II Engine news | 31 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai and Kia Pay $41.2 Million Over Fuel Economy Ratings news | 33 days ago
- October 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Sunroofs That Take Flight recalls | 43 days ago
- October 17: Hyundai Genesis Coupes Recalled to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 46 days ago
- October 14: NHTSA Says ARC Automotive Ignores Airbag Safety Deadlines news | 49 days ago
NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 40,974 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: