- January 2: Investigation Opened Into 2013 Hyundai Sonata Seat Belts investigations | 19 days ago
- January 2: Hyundai Sonata Class-Action Lawsuit Will Be Approved news | 19 days ago
- January 1: Hyundai Shattering Panoramic Sunroof Lawsuit Will Continue news | 20 days ago
- December 8: Hyundai Entourage Recalled to Keep Hoods From Flying Open recalls | 44 days ago
- December 5: Hyundai Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) Lawsuit Filed news | 47 days ago
NHTSA — Power Train Problems
2011 Hyundai Sonata (Page 2 of 5)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 5 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 2 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 38,336 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: