1. replace engine (1 reports)
2011 Hyundai Sonata engine problems

2011 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Aug 062012

Sonata GLS 2.4L

click to see larger images

engine caught fire engine caught fire engine caught fire engine caught fire engine caught fire engine caught fire

Starter went out, it was covered under warranty. I was told there was a recall so it was replaced. 3 days later engine caught fire. I had it towed to LITHIA Hyundai in Fresno. He called 30 minutes later saying engine blew and I may have blew a rod. I said how did that happen on this new car when you told me when you fixed my car 3 days earlier that everything was okay including my oil. He said I would have to prove to him I had oil change. I said I have maintained my NEW car. He said is he just suppose to believe me and I then said how do I know something didn't go wrong when starter was replaced. He said we are not going to go back and forth. I am still under warranty. They refuse to do diagnostic. My insurance will not cover mechanical. My car that I'm still paying for is still sitting in service dept @ Lithia Hyundai.

- , Fresno, CA, USA