- June 20: The Midsize SUVs With the Best Headlights news | 33 days ago
- June 16: Hyundai Steering Wheel Locked Up While Driving: Lawsuit news | 37 days ago
- June 10: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe Sports With Seat Belt Problems recalls | 43 days ago
- June 7: Hyundai Recalls Santa Fe SUVs With Hoods That Can Fly Open recalls | 46 days ago
- June 7: Hyundai Recalls Sonata and Genesis Over Parking Brake Switches recalls | 46 days ago
Engine Caught Fire
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 103,178 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 6 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)