- November 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Brake Lights That Stay On
- October 31: Hyundai Recalls Sonata To Fix Anti-Lock Brake Warning Light
- October 18: Hyundai Recalls Cars After Front Coil Springs Break
- September 25: Hyundai Recalls 570,000 Cars For Risk of Engine Fires and More
Engine Caught Fire
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 57,568 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace engine (1 reports)