Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.

2011 Hyundai Sonata lights problems

lights problem

2011 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Aug 152013

Sonata 4-cyl

Rear tail light on drivers side for no reason broke off from the car. There was no accident, no damage or evidence of someone hitting it. Looks like the part of the light holding it to the car just broke off for no reason. Dealer said not covered by warranty.

- Port Chester, NY, USA

Jun 262012

Sonata 4-cyl Diesel

I got in my car after work and drove to a restaurant. When I got out, I noticed that the rear passenger side tail light had slid out of place and was hanging by the electrical wires. I was not in an accident, ever. My car is in perfect condition. When I took the car to the dealer, the parts associate informed me that all the plastic pieces that hold the screws were broken. He also noticed that the driver's side tail light was loose. One of the plastic pieces that hold a screw was broken on that tail light. He ordered two tail lights for me. The parts manager doesn't think this is a warranty issue, because the plastic pieces are broken. But, they have to be defective, because absolutely nothing happened to my car.

- Shamong, NJ, USA