CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.

7.4

2011 Hyundai Sonata steering problems

2011 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Sep 012010

Sonata 4-cyl

As I was driving home from work on the highway the steering wheel locked up and started shaking for about five minutes as if it were possessed. I was not able to pull over because of the strength of the wheel shaking. After that incident, it seemed to be fixed on its own. But, later that day visiting family members as I got into the car to go home I started the car up and immediately the eps light started flashing and the steering wheel started going crazy again, so I took the keys out the ignition for it to stop but that didn't work. At that point I decided to call the tow truck to have the dealer inspect the car. That was a week ago. I guess they are still waiting on a part to come, but after all this I won't feel safe driving this car when I get it back with my daughter in it. Updated IVOQ 11/05/10

- Norwich, CT, USA