- April 12: Hyundai Recalls Elantra Cars That Lose Power Steering recalls | 11 days ago
- April 6: Hyundai Recalls Sonata and Santa Fe Sport After Engines Seize recalls | 17 days ago
- April 3: Hyundai Santa Fe Engine Stall Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 20 days ago
- March 15: Hyundai Recalls 978,000 Sonata and Sonata Hybrids recalls | 39 days ago
- February 24: Hyundai Sonata Locking Brakes Investigation Closed investigations | 58 days ago
NHTSA — Suspension: Front: Springs: Coil Springs Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Sonata has a seriously defective engine that seizes without warning. It was awarded the dubious honor of being the first CarTalk / CarComplaints Turd of the Week in late September 2015.
A class action lawsuit was filed in May 2015 against Hyundai that claims the 2.4L Sonata engine is defective. More info here.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 41,200 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: