2012 Hyundai Sonata accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Sonata:

2012 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Nov 202015

Rear passenger seat gets very hot when driving even with air conditioner on in summer. Sometimes gets hot enough to feel like it could start some kind of fire inside seat area. Even in winter this problem persists.

- Carthage, MO, USA

Jan 072014

I was getting ready for work and the temperature outside was -2 degrees so I went to warm up the car for 20 mins and then started to head out to work. As I was leaving not even 5 mins later I started to smell something burning. So I pulled over and started to see smoke, then I started to look around to find out where it was coming from and I see smoke coming from the bottom of the back seat right behind the driver seat. So I started taking my personal belongings out of the vehicle. After removing my personal belongings, I went to the car and now there was more smoke coming from the bottom of the rear seat closest to the rear door driver side. So then I pulled up the seat and I see flames, and there were flames, I call 911 and they came like in 5 mins.I'm just blessed that I didn't have my kids with me.

- Hackettstown, NJ, USA