8.2

2012 Hyundai Sonata fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Hyundai Sonata:

2012 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jan 062012

Sonata 4-cyl

I have had issues galore with my car since the day I drove it off the lot. First issue and still is just gave up on bringing it back was the steering that drifted. Then I had a sound coming from the rear of the car that made a loud noise. I also have a sound coming from the sun roof. After that I had a oil leak in it's first year. My radio went out, my driver window stop working. My turbo quit on me. Battery died. I was stranded by the car 3 times. It would turn over fast but not crank. I called road side on one of those. My air bag lights come on while driving down the road. It rattles like cheap parts. I have called Hyundai with no response as of yet. The dealership says they can't do anything. I pay a car not for a car I don't trust to drive.

- Biloxi, MS, USA

Apr 122013

Sonata 4-cyl

Westbound on I-78 near harrisburg, pa while traveling on cruise control vehicle motor increased without driver input from 65mph to over 72mph to the point of 80mph before several hard foot pressures on brake disengaged cruise control. Car did not respond to normal brake pedal tap to disengage. Called dealer who suggested we not use cruise control and on return had them service--dealer could not replicate and returned car. On 8-05-13 which was next highway trip on 440W in staten island, NY while on cruise control at 60mph (flow of traffic) car suddenly made high revving motor noise, lurched forward and increased speed to 0ver 70mph--brake again did mot disengage car but heavy (very heavy) pressing on disengage button slowed car. Car to be looked at after our return--scheduled check 8-13-13.

- Medford, NY, USA

Oct 262012

Sonata 4-cyl

I recently bought a Hyundai Sonata SE 2.0T on Oct 26 2012, ever since I bought it, I've realized that the mpg that it gives me is 17 no matter if I'm in city or highway, while minimal estimates are 23 in the city. I've looked on Hyundai forums and it seems like I'm not the only one with this issue. Contact with the dealers has been nothing but a pain, they continue to argue with me that, that is impossible and won't even take a look at the vehicle. I've been to two separate dealers with the same outcome.

- Cutler Bay, FL, USA

Aug 292012

Sonata 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Hyundai Sonata. The contact stated that fuel fumes were emitted into the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 2,000. Updated 10/11/12 updated 10/17/12

- Ozone Park, NY, USA