8.9

2013 Hyundai Sonata brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Hyundai Sonata:

2013 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jul 122013

Sonata

Approximately 2 - 3 weeks prior to the discovery my problem ESC light would come on while driving and stay on. I checked my bluelink system to see if I had an error, however, there was not issues apparently. I decided to wait as I was about to go to the dealer for my second oil change. On the day in question I was about to take a two hour drive. When I got on to hwy I heard a loud sound coming from front of car I pulled over, got out and looked at car could not see anything, got back on hwy, noise began again. Seeing I was not far from a dealership I decided to go have it checked out. I explained about the ESC light remaining on. They took my car in to shop and looked at it. Dealership advised me that all my tires were bald. I asked how this was possible they said they did not know. I had done all required maintenance at the dealership and had done it prior to it being needed. Dealer checked records to verify that required maintenance was done, which they confirmed it was. Dealer stated there was nothing they could do. I called corporate Hyundai who stated it sounded like a tire problem which was not their issue, however, they would transfer me to kumho the maker of my tires. Corporate advised me that once tire issue was corrected if I still had an ESC issue then they could look at getting that fixed. Kumho wanted me to get tread measurements done, forward info to them and then they would make a decision on whether or not they were going to possibly help me out on the cost of new tire. Remember just over 8000 miles on my car that was bought at the end of Dec 2012. This could have been a serious issue if I would have continued my two hour drive, which would have been mostly hwy driving. I have also had an issue with my steering wheel locking.

- Havelock , NC, USA

Mar 272013

Sonata 4-cyl

I was on the right most lane on highway 121 at 70 miles speed when my car started pulling right & left as if it was skidding on ice. The weather was fine. It was very scary. I was holding the steering with both hands. After that day, whenever I go over the speed of 60, car starts pulling left & right. I have to be extra careful while driving on the freeways.

- Carrollton, TX, USA

Nov 262012

Sonata 4-cyl

When driving the vehicle constantly moves either to the right or left. There is not going straight. I have taken to the dealer and explained the problem. They said they took it for a road test and did not notice anything. There is clearly an issue here with this vehicle as there are many other comments relating to this issue. Please have this issued addressed as we should not be dealing with something like this when we are spending a lot of money for a brand new vehicle. This is poor service Hyundai...

- Blaine, MN, USA

Oct 122012

Sonata

Car drifts to left and right. Fight to keep on road. Hyundai says get used to it. Gov.'t needs to step in and fix this before someone gets killed!!!!!

- Lutz, FL, USA

Sep 012012

Sonata 4-cyl

While getting on the on-ramp to the highway, the power steering failed, causing me to almost lose control of the vehicle. Steering was extremely hard to use. The eps light and skid control lights both came on, and later bluelink noted error also.

- Knightstown, IN, USA

Aug 052012

Sonata 4-cyl

I purchased brand new 2013 Hyundai Sonata limited in August'12. After buying when I was riding back home on freeway(approx speed 60 mph) the car tends to drift in either left or right and keep on wandering in the lane. It is pretty difficult to keep the vehicle in the lane. There are almost two incidents where I just escaped the accidents because of this problem which could have been fatal. When I contacted the dealer they told that it is because of banking on the roads but I tested the same road and route with other vehicle which performed as it should be, no drift or anything. Even the tire pressure and wheel balancing is fine so this is definitely a issue with the electronic steering and stability. Please look into this matter as it could be life threatening and most of the consumers are facing it with no response from the company. Thanks.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA