2015 Hyundai Sonata brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Hyundai Sonata:

2015 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jun 102016

Sonata

1st event June 10 2016 - car stopped on the fwy at speed over 65 mph. Stepped on the gas pedal and was no power. Attempt to restart and car run rough. Car towed to dealer (tuttle click-Hyundai -irvine, ca.) 2nd event July 18 2016 - driving on fwy at speeds over 65 mph, gas pedal starts vibrating, driving become rough, clicking noise from engine when idling. File complain with dealer, dealer say it did not find anything, blame the situation to costco gas, and it says that the car requires to use different type of gas (such: Chevron, shell).

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

Dec 122015

Sonata

In the snow, my Hyundai Sonata will drive fine until turning. During turning, even with minimal snow, my brakes lock up and my car slides slowly but at that point I am unable to do anything, usually making me hit a curb. This has happened twice in the last two weeks costing me $2200. I have had two cars before my Hyundai Sonata and haven't had issues with such a problem. The mechanic scratches his head in confusion as to how almost the exact same thing happen in such a small time frame. It is a major safety issue, I believe something with traction control or braking is wrong. Had I been a worse driver the damages could be worse.

- Lone Tree, CO, USA