2016 Hyundai Sonata body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Sonata:

2016 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Mar 092016

Deer ran in front of my car. Air bags inflated and stayed so for quite a while. When I got out of the car I noticed my foot was burnt with skin off and legs were burning from the powder in air bags. I know the bags should inflat but the smoke from this kept up for quite a while. I did not think this powder should have kept coming out so much and so did passerby people who stopped to help. We had the powder in our eyes.

- Helena, AL, USA

Feb 192016

On February 19 2019 I was driving a car rental from hertz driving on the freeway in southern ca driving only 25 mph I crashed trying to avoid crashing into car in front of me kept putting on my breaks and the car would not stopped the breaks malfunction I tried to changing lane I still crashed I was going 25 mph the car was totaled bumper was plastic or fiber glass the air bag "exploded" not deployed. The plastic compartment where the airbags is stored, explode plastic became a jagged punctured a hole on my legs sliced other part of my legs when air bag explode some of the plastic was released and sliced my legs, air bag releases extreme smoke inside the car all you are inhaling is smoke. Air bag I was in and out of consciousness from smoke inhalation I became dehydrated throwing up trapped from the airbag that is pasted against the driver side door. The airbag when it explode becomes a death trapped!!! instead of saving peoples life the plastic material manufacture the air bag is a plastic material it sticks tightly against the door if you do not have any strength to try to peel off or pull the airbag off the door you become trapped... if the crash does not kill you the smoke inhalation and being trapped by the airbag will! when airbag it explodes the plastic compartment becomes a jagger knife the airbag releases extreme smoke after air bag explodes I was taken to emergency room I was given a technic shot behind airbag and plastic explode. When I got out the emergency room three days later I went to the tow place to take a look at the car and took video pictures and took pictures of the airbag jagged plastic that caused my injury.. car rental is just worried about there car not me I almost died

- Daly City, CA, USA