2016 Hyundai Sonata steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Hyundai Sonata:

2016 Hyundai Sonata Owner Comments

Jun 092016

Sonata

While driving 65mph at 10pm on a the interstate, I heard a pound "thunk" and thought I had a tire issue, so began to steer toward the emergency lane. I quickly realized I had no power to accelerate, no power steering and the dash was blacked out...car was dead. Only ever thing working was radio, emergency flashers and dome light. Door locks did not even work. Called for roadside assistance and car was towed. I have no further information about the car's disposition as it was a rental. It was terrifying and could have ended catastrophically in serious injury or death. The reason I am filing this report is to insure it will be investigated thoroughly. I did report it to Hyundai.

- Greenville, SC, USA