2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid:

2014 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Owner Comments

Apr 152014

Sonata Hybrid

When the brakes are applied a little more rapidly or harder than normal there is a short grumble noise. This noise has no relationship to car speed as it will make this same noise if the car isn't moving or at any speed. The brakes feel and operate normally with the exception of the noise they make. I have told two different service departments and been told this noise is normal on all the Sonata hybrid cars. In the two years and 19,000 miles the noise remains the same, no less or more. Even if the car isn't on pushing on the brake peddle it will make the noise three or four times. The car has done this since new.

- Miramar Beach, FL, USA

Jan 062015

Sonata Hybrid 4-cyl

I purchased sky blue 2014 Hyundai Sonata hybrid limited on August 31st, 2014. I drove the car for approximately two weeks, during this time I noticed and felt when I braked the car did not stop immediately, there was a delayed effect. At this time the break light illuminated. I checked the manual which indicated the car cannot be driven in this state and immediately took the car in for a checkup and service to dealership on September 19th, 2014 so that the illuminated break light could be checked. The technician spent five days on the car and discovered low brake fluid level on a brand new vehicle with 637 miles on the odometer. The cause reason is: Loose fitting. " low brake fluid level on a brand new vehicle with 637 miles" I had a further service on the vehicle at dealership on December 27th 2014 for having 3500 miles on the odometer. I requested a detailed brake check due to the earlier issue but they assured me it had been made correction. On January 6th 2015 I had just picked up my son from preschool and was headed to mcdonalds to buy my son lunch. My speed was 30 mph in a 55 mph speed zone. I remembered very vividly applying the brakes; the car just did not stop and hit the car in front of me. The brakes were applied with sufficient time and severity but the vehicle did not react or stop. My feeling is that the brake light incident was the precursor to an allegedly defective braking system which could be an inherent defect allegedly.

- Tustin, CA, USA