1998 Hyundai Tiburon seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Hyundai Tiburon:

1998 Hyundai Tiburon Owner Comments

Nov 012000

Recall 01V345000/manufacturer recall 2001; front lap and shoulder belts do not retract back. Problem happened one year ago and was not fixed. Notifications will be sent out in December 2001. Dealer was supposed to contact consumer once a Hyundai technician came for a visit, however consumer never heard from the dealer.

- Pwrucket, RI, USA

Jan 172001

Hyundai said the exhaust manifold was not covered under the emissions or powertrain warranty which was a lie I have recorded. My seatbelt pops off even though I double check to make sure it's in tight. Hatfield Hyundai said put it in tighter or spray silicon oil in it. My locks will freeze while I'm driving and I cant get out of my car unless the window will roll down. Usally the windows are frozen shut. Hatfield Hyundai it is a normal thing for Hyundai to lock people in their car. He said dont drive it when it's cold or spray ice guard inside the door before driving in cold weather. My car automatic transmission well redline and wont shift into the next gear.hatfield Hyundai said it was normal for my car to redline and not go past 69miles an hr. I took it to dennnis Hyundai another dealership immediatley after that same day and had their manager ride with me on 6/29/01. He made an appointment on July/2/2001 where it remains. They said they have to get it to act up again even though it already acted up before they will fix it. Hatfield Hyundai fixed the exhaust manifold and says they will fix the seatbelt since I have it on tape they lied. I want you to force Hyundai to fix things they promised to fix in their warranty for other peoples' safety.

- Columbus, OH, USA